NGD - Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8 EX-A SBK - Dot Inlays (No Skull Here)

Let's show Schecter which inlays the people choose!

• Total voters

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
This is my first NGD thread, as I didn't feel the need to start one for my RG8, but this guitar is different. I'll start out by saying I can't find this guitar anywhere else. I am not sure if it is new or old, but nothing I've seen has the dot inlays on the SLS C-8. I suppose in time we'll either see more or we won't. Purchased from Sweetwater.com, the only one in stock.

I've played the Skull version so I already knew how it felt, but just seeing this guitar with the dots, in person, makes me melt, haha. This is just a BEAUTIFUL guitar. Off work the rest of the day and tomorrow, I'll be writing some drums to show off a nice little test clip. Stay tuned!

Update Edit: Just spoke to my local Schecter/Custom Shop dealer and he says Schecter told him that the skulls are being phased out and the dots will be standard.

Here it is:

box2pq.jpg

boxdots2.jpg

packaging2.jpg

holdingit2.jpg

back2tj.jpg

downtheneck2.jpg

yes2z.jpg

I wanted to take some really HQ photos, however, since Sweetwater is beginning to take pictures of each model on their site (listed by Serial #) I'll just include those. When my payment was taken and my guitar shipped, SW took these photos (along with others not posted here) down from their page and emailed them to me. I've included only those that show the fretboard dots. There was also a shot of the back of the headstock so that I could confirm that I was looking at my actual guitar on the site. The Serial# on that photo matches my invoice, which also matches my guitar.

w12120347anglel2.jpg

w12120347bodyl2.jpg

w12120347frontl2.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Just like said,the dots make the whole thing way nicer,congrats man,happy NGD!
Update Edit: Just spoke to my local Schecter/Custom Shop dealer and he says Schecter told him that the skulls are being phased out and the dots will be standard.
:miniwang:

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, heard about the inlay change. Good move. They will sell a lot more now :lol:

Grats on the new axe! It looks sick!

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
Yeah, heard about the inlay change. Good move. They will sell a lot more now :lol:

Grats on the new axe! It looks sick!

I agree with you completely. Our other guitarist has the Skull version and it is nice, but I couldn't just buy the same guitar as him. I believe these will jump off the shelves, very good move indeed.

That looks awesome man :) and you look like you're ready to lay down some bad ass riffs :lol:

I am! Working on drums now. :agreed:

Here's a family pic with my Spector Q6 Pro, Peavey Fury VI, Ibanez RG8, Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8, my daughter's Daisy Rock (LOL) and my Takamine EGS-330SC:

201303141557592.jpg

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
HNGD! That's sharp! Hopefully you get along better with the Blackouts than I have.

Billman

Reaction score
yeah! Those guitars look great without the skull inlay...nice couch also haha

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Wow

first 28 scale, thinner neck profile, and now no terrible inlay(playing cards then thunderbolt then flower skull haha). The blackjacks got a major upgrade. Good thinking Schecter

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Glad to see that they're getting rid of the skull inlays. Maybe I'll buy the seven string version now. This looks awesome. HNGD. :yesway:

Reaction score
That shit is so classy. I even like how they put the dots between the 6th and 7th strings instead of the 7th and 8th.

How's the neck? Can you compare it to regular Schecters, Ibanez and Jackson?

')