NGD - Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8 EX-A SBK - Dot Inlays (No Skull Here)

Let's show Schecter which inlays the people choose!

• Total voters

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
That shit is so classy. I even like how they put the dots between the 6th and 7th strings instead of the 7th and 8th.

How's the neck? Can you compare it to regular Schecters, Ibanez and Jackson?

I've seen some people say that it's very Ibanez-like.

This neck feels amazing, much thinner than my old C-7 and C-7+. It feels better, and even feels thinner than my RG8's neck and that is surprising to me, but they are at two different price points. SLS = Slim Line Series and they are exactly that. Most comfortable guitar I have played in a long time. So happy with my purchase. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Man that looks awesome! I liked it even with the skull but it just looks so sleek and classy now. The GAS is growing with this one......

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
OK that is nice! I loved my ATX8. This thing is just a beast. Nice score man!

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
I've been searching to find another one of these around the web since last Thursday and finally found one a moment ago on ebay if anyone's GAS is a bit out of control... :idea:

Also, updated the OP with some HQ photos.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Crap, might switch back to this one, I had given up on it and started considering the Iron 8.

HNGD! It looks amazing!

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I love the 28" scale on these. I played a similar model (Hellraiser w/ Floyd) and the quality on these new Schecters is amazing. Neck's feel great too, slimmer than their old 8 string models.

HNGD!

otisct20

Reaction score
I would love one of these if I didn't have to change the pickups when I got it. Looks amazing none the less!

chopeth

Reaction score
Is this for C-7 too? If so, I think I'm going to try to sell my skull right NOW! :drool:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is this for C-7 too? If so, I think I'm going to try to sell my skull right NOW! :drool:

I'm guessing so. Just checked Drum City Guitarland, and a bunch of the SLS models are out of stock. They may be clearing stock for the newer dot-inlaid ones.

jimwratt

Reaction score
I have to say that I haven't been a fan of Schecters because a lot of them are gaudy (that pearloid binding and the "evil" overkill inlays destroy otherwise awesome instruments). If they toned it down a bit, they'd have a line of guitars just as beautiful as these. I love it.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Ireally dig the look of those guitars, but I can't imagine playing a 28" scale. The 27" scale on my Carvin is about the limit of what my gimp fingers can stretch at the 1-3-5 frets – it's like doing a diminished stretch on standard guitars. The knob placement also seems a bit questionable. I'd be afraid of constantly whacking them.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Wow

first 28 scale, thinner neck profile, and now no terrible inlay(playing cards then thunderbolt then flower skull haha). The blackjacks got a major upgrade. Good thinking Schecter
I loved the playing cards! At least they made sense with the model name and all.

chopeth

Reaction score
I'm guessing so. Just checked Drum City Guitarland, and a bunch of the SLS models are out of stock. They may be clearing stock for the newer dot-inlaid ones.

I asked the Schecter support, waiting for their answer before trying to sell mine first ;)

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
I asked the Schecter support, waiting for their answer before trying to sell mine first ;)

If you've got a local Schecter dealer ask them to call their Rep. That may provide a more speedy, thorough response. That's how I found out that the dots are coming.

Latest posts

')