NGD - Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8 EX-A SBK - Dot Inlays (No Skull Here)

Let's show Schecter which inlays the people choose!

• Total voters

Musiscience

Reaction score
Happy NGD, she's a beauty.

I can't believe it took them so long to get rid of those tacky inlays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Partridge

Cheese toucher
Reaction score
HNGD!

Without wishing to metaphorically piss on any proverbial bonfires (i've encouraged my bandchum to get one of these) aren't the dots in the wrong place? They look like they were designed for a 6er then a string added either side. IMHO they would look better if they'd put them 1 string toward the bass side, eg: attchment.

Other than that it looks beaudiful.

Attachments

• SLS.JPG
    SLS.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 74

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
Kinda glad they didn't put it all the way on the edge. Would look too "Ibanezy."

I agree, they are placed perfectly for me. As soon as HeHasTheJazzHands posted it in another thread I had instant GAS and went about ordering it. I have never been so drawn to a guitar prior to this.

Posted a video last night (post #99 I think) but it is also in my sig, if you are interested. Quality is not up to my standards (playing and vid quality) so I'll redo it, but it's there for now.

dwizted

7 Stringslinger
Reaction score
That looks so bad ass. Thats the only gripe I had with schecters. Every higher end schecter I have played have been solid players. I have a Black jack 6 V with the lighting bolt at the 12th and it plays like a dream.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Hey... nice guitar, really beautiful, it must be a blast to play it :)

But I also have another question... that furniture thing where you put the guitars... is it possible to find it online? I have five instruments and I thought this piece is very clever to fit them all together hehe

xplanet2112

Reaction score
Dots are much better than the rather natty graphics that Schecter use, I too think that they will sell more guitars now. I have a Blackjack C7 ATX so I am stuck with a lightning bolt on the 12th, less chessey than a skull but not as classy or professional looking than the offset dots. Well done to Schecter for waking up a smelling the coffee and congrats on your new guitar, it looks like a weapon!!!

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score

Tone_Boss

Reaction score
Smart business decision, the dots will appeal to many more buyers. That skull was fugly.

Eclipse

Reaction score
:lol: The dots look great on this Schecter. My Schecter has those damned gothic cross inlays and I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I liked those.. hahaha. :realmad:

Eclipse

Reaction score

I recommend a 6 guitar folding stand from GuitarFetish instead.:shred: Link is right below.

Hard Shell Cases

I own the all black one. It's great! The silos on the bottom can be repositioned to fit acoustics or electrics. :metal:

tumblr_mqgmn2o12O1rm525xo3_1280.jpg

And yes I have owned one of the 7 guitar folding stands you are talking about. It came to me broken. My guitars would slip on it. I had to reposition guitars all of the time on it. They would always be touching each other of hitting each other on the rack.
tumblr_mqgmn2o12O1rm525xo1_1280.jpg

Just food for thought is all!

CanniballistiX

Detuned Fury
Reaction score
So I got an idea after seeing some mods in the RG8 Mod thread and decided to get some knobs and tuner buttons made of ebony to kind of match my fretboard. The tuner buttons come in large and small for Grover replacements and I chose large, which is just a bit larger than Schecter buttons. I may grab 8 of the small ones to see what they look like as well, but I'm super happy for now.

I'm also considering buying a set of passives and having some ebony pickup covers made.

I think it turned out pretty awesome, and now it's unique. I really love this guitar. :tmm:

Here are some pics:

83yt.jpg

85bs.jpg

qlwg.jpg

Latest posts

')