NGD: Schecter Demon 7 FR (Also first post/7 string!)

• Thread starter Marcus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a few months now, I didn't want to sign up until I was officially 'one of you guys', and for christmas I finally got my first 7.

Since there isn't much new to choose from in Australia and I can't order online, I pretty much had a choice between this, the Omen and its "Extreme" model and the Ibanez 7321 (all the other Schecter and Ibanez models were too expensive). I spent a while looking through old threads regarding them and eventually decided on the Demon.

Specs:
Bolt-On
26.5" Scale
Basswood Body (According to Schecter website, I've heard some of their stats are incorrect though)
Maple beck
Rosewood Fretboard w/ "Gothic Cross" inlays
Satin Black Finish
2 Active Duncan Designed HB-105 Pups
1 Vol & 1 Tone knob, 3-way pup selector switch
Licensed Floyd Rose Special
Manufactured in China

If you have any other questions about the guitar I'd be more than happy to answer them :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSilentWater

is a nerd.
Reaction score
Haha, I got the T-O-M versoin of this guitar for christmas too! They're brilliant to play, and the DD pickups are actually pretty good, basically budget Blackouts. Very high output. Your hardware looks brighter than mine, although maybe it's just the lighting in the photo. Enjoy yours, I know I will mine!

Congrats!

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
congrats man...I`m gasing for that, and is the only 7 in my city...I`m not sure about the neck, but for the price, (the same for a 7321 here) have a lot of nices toys! (floyd, actives, etc) damn I need a job...thanks for the pics! I was searching for big ones.

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
looks nice:yesway:
how do you like the duncan designed pickups? i've been curious about those

This is actually my first guitar with actives in it as well, so I'm still playing around with my amp settings to see how I like them. As TheSilentWater said, they are very high output, not to mention the extended scale makes a difference in the sound too.

@TheSilentWater: Haha I took the pictures at late sunset so the light was basically aimed directly at the body, I think it really makes the finish look nice.

@MaKo's Tethan: Hey MaKo, I've been reading your build threads, very inspiring! If you mean in terms of how thick it is, the neck isn't too thick at all. It may just be because my 6 is an Epiphone LP but in terms of thickness I haven't had any troubles adapting to the Schecter. If you mean length, yes there is a bit of getting used to, but it doesn't take too long.

Is there a way to quote more than one person? :scratch:

@blister7321: Yes, it's one of Schecter's 2009 export series.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
I play it, unplugged. the scale was perfect to my ( I have a 27.5" so no problem) I can`t wait to try it on an amp!!!!

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
Congrats on the Demon. :yesway: I LOVE my Schecter Omen Extreme 7! Schecters are great guitars!

Thanks Ellen, I completely agree!

I was trying to choose between this and the Omen Extreme, but there were none left of the Omen so I went with this, also I wasn't too sure if I'd eventually get sick of the finish on the Omen (yes it's gorgeous, but still), whereas black is a fairly neutral colour so I'm sure it will keep me satisfied :metal:

Latest posts

')