NGD - Schecter Hellraiser C-8 FR

Reaction score
Because 808 > Blackouts. Especially with the 18v mod. I actually bought a used set of BOs to try because of the hype, and put the 808s back in. I eventually got an 808x set, but in hindsight it wasn't necessary.

Wow! I think I will give them another shot then. Another member said to switch back and forth to see which I like better. At first, I was sure I wouldn't like the 808 and after putting in the Blackout Bridge, I thought the Blackout was superb. Maybe it was psychosomatic after seeing all of the negative reviews on EMG here, but if you say you've had both and much prefer the 808, I will give it another chance. Would you say you like the 808 more than the Blackout as it is or because of the 18v mod? Thank you! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
^The BOs are superb. I just didn't feel the BO was any clearer or more "organic"--I never understood that criticism of EMG tbo--and I preferred the sweeter tone and tamer output of the 808s.

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

thumbsupcomp.gif

Reaction score
^The BOs are superb. I just didn't feel the BO was any clearer or more "organic"--I never understood that criticism of EMG tbo--and I preferred the sweeter tone and tamer output of the 808s.

I am going to switch again and see if it is any better (to my ear) but the 808 sounds very nice on the 28" scale. I thought it would be like the 26.5" (Schecter ESP) and 27" (Ibanez), but its much different. I would like to measure it with tape, and I checked on google.com, however it was a search that turned up nothing.

Really awesome 8 string tried it once HNGD!

Thank you :))

So, what do you guys think of the neck length/scale? 28" is really big and there are longer one, but please weigh in on scale. Even if you have just a bit of knowledge on the subject, that's fine. I just want to see what people who have ERG's think of the playability of different necks.

Thanks you Sevcn String! :)

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i love emg's, but i do not like the 808's at all. and i dislike the blackouts just as much. there are much better passive options for 8 strings IMO. emg's strong suit is really 6-7 string actives. same with the BO's.

Reaction score
Must be heeeeeeaaaaavy. I have a c1 and it is heavy.
It is. :lol:
i love emg's, but i do not like the 808's at all. and i dislike the blackouts just as much. there are much better passive options for 8 strings IMO. emg's strong suit is really 6-7 string actives. same with the BO's.
Do you think the BO pups are better? I called EMG and Seymour Duncan to ask and neither had anything to say. The 808 is better on these than shorter necks

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i prefer the emg 808 to the BO 8 string. but it is still nowhere near as good as some of the passive 8 string options out there. usually im a guy thats all for actives but active pickups just are not as good IMO once you have more than 7 strings.

Reaction score
i prefer the emg 808 to the BO 8 string. but it is still nowhere near as good as some of the passive 8 string options out there. usually im a guy thats all for actives but active pickups just are not as good IMO once you have more than 7 strings.
Which passives do you like? Why do you think they are better once you have more than seven strings?

And what do you think about neck scale length? 27" and 28" or more. See above question please.

Thank you User Name and Seven String :) !

')