NGD Schecter Kenny Hickey Bariton

• Thread starter aneurysm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ive seen type o....i don't know, ten eleven times now? From the BK tour to the one of the last and this guitar is somewhat different from any I've ever seen kenny play. Don't get me wrong ill probably buy one just because of the vinnland flag on the back, but does it cop them type o toanz?

Kenny played so many different guitars that no one single instrument will get his tone.

Btw did you guys see this? Pete had i think two of these in between playing alembics and moving to the fernandes rickenbacker thing. The headstock/ body are slightly different from his but that paint scheme is sex...

Stinger classic - 4string monstergreen

It's an Esh. He played them from '93/'94 - '98/'99.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
very cool!
the green inlays really make this guitar unique.
glad to hear the quality/construction is top-notch!

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
This is so cool! Love that green, very striking with the inlay accents. Big congrats, man! :)

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Damn, that is the first one that I've seen other than promo pics. Looks mighty fine. My only gripe with this model is that green paintjob. It isn't the same as the original type o-green.

But who cares, that's just nitpicking. I'd love to own one of these, but I can't find them anywhere in europe.

Also, loving the "product of Vinnland" on the back of the headstock! Happy ngd mate.

Vamo

Reaction score
Happy NGD man.
I've never seen them in Europe under 1399€. Insanely jealous of this one. Although its just a gimmick, the Vinnland flag really made me GAS more for this one. Shit...

And obligatory: You suck!

Vamo

Reaction score
Ive seen type o....i don't know, ten eleven times now? From the BK tour to the one of the last and this guitar is somewhat different from any I've ever seen kenny play. Don't get me wrong ill probably buy one just because of the vinnland flag on the back, but does it cop them type o toanz?

Kenny played that one when I saw them on their last european tour in Berlin. Well, probably a custom shop but a green C1 anyway, which this signature seems to be based on.

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
Happy NGD man.
I've never seen them in Europe under 1399€. Insanely jealous of this one. Athough its just a gimmick, the Vinland flag really made me GAS more for this one. Shit...

Yep, that was the Reason i got mine from Bulldogguitars . It really turned out great and i got the Case too.
One Thing to consider, the Guitar in Europe costs new 1299€ but you have to buy the Case extra which means another 140€ .
And yes i know i SUCK:lol:

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score

Well, you may to have consider Kenny used Fernades Guitars before he switched to Schecter.
There´s a live Video on Youtube where they played back then in 2007 and IMHO 90% of Kenny´s Tone is there.
I think it has some serious Midrange going on, it doesn´t sound overall muddy or dark which is a big Plus when it comes to Baritone´s .

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently bought a guitar with a sustainiac, and I fell in love with it. Really interesting piece of guitar gear. I'd been interested in them since I first saw this guitar a while ago. The green with green inlays is just cool. Congrats on getting a deal on a guitar you've been wanting.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
Happy NGD man.
I've never seen them in Europe under 1399€. Insanely jealous of this one. Although its just a gimmick, the Vinnland flag really made me GAS more for this one. Shit...

Holy shit.. It's that expensive? I was thinking more like 1000-ish euros. Damn! Maybe I'll have to think about importing it myself after all.

1399€ :nuts:

Vamo

Reaction score
If the ebay customs calculation is right, then buying it from the US on ebay, with shipping would be around 1000€.
So importing one yourself would make more sense :nuts:

I don't get it. Maybe schecter doesn't care about the european market in general (e.g. Tempests are US exclusive).

DreamError

Reaction score
Love these guitars, and even if it isn't "Type O green" I do like the fact that the color is called "Steele Green" (even if it's a marketing gimmick vs homeage).

And now I have Black No. 1 stuck in my head.

Zado

Reaction score
Best signature they make IMHO,and you are givin me more reasons to think so.It looks spectacular,that green is amazing and I'm glad it plays great as well.

Btw how much € for that?including taxes and duties I mean
I don't get it. Maybe schecter doesn't care about the european market in general (e.g. Tempests are US exclusive).
Tempest US exclusives?:scratch: ther are plenty here!Had no idea it was rare elsewhere

Anyway yeah here it costs more than the KM-7 (around 1330€),pricey indeed...

Whipsy77

Reaction score
Have always loved Type O and that isa beautiful guitar. congrats man

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

just got home from a little Session with my Mate and tried the Guitar with a Diezel VH4 and Mesa Boogie Mark4.
Well, i didn´t like the Diezel that much, to me it was to hifi sounding no matter which channel.
I don´t say the Diezel is a bad Amp, it just wasn´t my Cup of Tea.
Then with the Boogie ..... goddamn what a Tone :hbang:
No wonder why Kenny uses Boogie Stuff ( Triaxis, 2:90 ). With the Diezel the Neck PU sounded very muddy with High Gain, on the Boogie it was so clear and warm sounding.
I don´t get it, how can this be possible ? I mean no matter if Clean, Crunch, Rhytm or Lead it just fits together !
I got myself an EVH5153 50 Watt Head and the Tone is ok, but the Mark4 was pretty perfect .
The Sustainiac is a little bit tricky to use, but i have the Guitar for only 3 Days, so it takes Time to get used to.
Anyway, i´m very pleased with it, if you like Type O´s Tone it´s simply perfect .

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

i need your opinion about the following issue. So far i really like the guitar but i ´m not to fond about the actual string gauge it came with ( Ernie Ball 12-56 ) .
The Problem is the G String which is pretty thick, 24 plain compared to the rest.
It feels completely stiff and it´s very hard to bend, so i thought about the daddario EXL148 ( 12-60) . The G String is a 20 plain so i think it would be better ?
What do you think or any other recommendations !?!

Thanks ,

Mario

')