NGD - Schecter Omen 8 (Walnut Finish)

• Thread starter carcass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carcass

Reaction score
After few years of waiting, my crawling desire for 8-string guitar is finally satisfied. I believe that there is no need to introduce Schecter Omen 8, so here are some crappy cellphone pics:

Schecter Omen 8 (Walnut) (1).JPG

Schecter Omen 8 (Walnut) (2).JPG

Schecter Omen 8 (Walnut) (3).JPG

and here is one "family photo", Schecter Omen 8 with my other two instruments, Jackson COW 7 and H&K 7 string fretless bass:

DSC05655.JPG

Anyway, I am very excited about this instrument /,,/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
What do you think of the pickups on that thing? I've been thinking of picking one up to see if I like 8 strings, but I've heard mixed reviews.

carcass

Reaction score
thanks guys, I am DIGGING the finnish, like it much more than black with chrome hardware .. as for the pickups, it is hard for me to say, because I have played it just with POD 2.0 using headphones, but I think that I will change them at some point .. anyway, they are not totally terrible, but nor great sounding pick-ups .. but for the price it is reasonable sounding instrument (pick-up wise) and everyhitng else seems really great :shred:

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This finish is awesome.:agreed:
Congrats on a great guitar!:hbang:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
crap, I misspelled it, sorry, my bad, english is not my native language .. and as time goes by, my skills are getting worse.

naw, your skills are getting better, i a can almost guarantee you that. You're just shifting your focus, and viewing the language as something more casual. Keep posting here, and eventually your english will feel more natural to you, and you'll be better at using it. Going back and reading my first posts here makes me cringe now.

carcass

Reaction score
naw, your skills are getting better, i a can almost guarantee you that. You're just shifting your focus, and viewing the language as something more casual. Keep posting here, and eventually your english will feel more natural to you, and you'll be better at using it. Going back and reading my first posts here makes me cringe now.

you are damn right that I am shifting my focus .. my dream came true, I have got freaking 8 string guitar :scream: ... right now I can play the stuff I have been dreaming about (some Portal-like dissonant madness), so shifting focus is understandable, if not necessary. The only thing that brings me down right now is fact that I am totally amp-less, all I have is Line6 POD 2.0, but hopefully I will get at least some practise combo (peavey vypyr would be nice) and than .. I believe that you have got the picture ;)

viesczy

Reaction score
You know, since I heard that guitar finish was available I have WANTED it. I love the walnut guitars of Carvin, and this would be the next best thing w/o dropping $1.7k+ after all the tweaks!

Jealous!

Derek

Cremated

Reaction score
The body and/or top isn't actually walnut (the wood) is it? Doesn't look like it. It's just a satin brown finish right? Looks good though.

carcass

Reaction score
The body and/or top isn't actually walnut (the wood) is it? Doesn't look like it. It's just a satin brown finish right? Looks good though.

yes, you are right, the body is actually basswood and according to specification, the color is called "walnut finish" .. anyway, I think it looks gorgeous and I am very happy with it. The only problem I have is that I don´t know what kind of practise amp can handle F# string .. I am leaning toward Peavey Vypyr series, but right now I am very short on cash and I am not sure if Vypyr 15 will handle the lowest string. Any idea guys?

ratm2020

Reaction score
I am playing my Omen 8 through a Line6 Spider iV 15 watt practice amp. Handles it just fine to my ears at bedroom levels.

')