NGD: Schecter Omen Extreme 7

• Thread starter Beavis83
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis83

Reaction score
Well, my first 7 string, looks like Santa came early for me.

Love the 26.5" scale and the finish. Got a great deal on it including a hardcase and Schaller straplocks.

Got used to the low B in no time at all.
Didn't expect there to be a coil tap on this but it's cool.

Should I keep the stock pups or upgrade? I'm a believer in "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
They don't sound muddy and I use a Univox Superfuzz (well a clone of one not an original).

I saw a Seymour Duncan Pegasus going for a bargain - does anyone know if you have to rout deeper to fit these?

Attachments

• 20141219_231548-1-1.jpg
    20141219_231548-1-1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20141220_182008-1.jpg
    20141220_182008-1.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 34

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Congrats, i have the 6 string version.

Honestly I hated the pickups initially, but after adjustment they sound 10x better than any other low cost guitars' stock pickups I've used. That said, I'm absolutely certain if you put them next to some solid Duncans or DiMarzios, they'll be overshadowed.

Their problem is not mud, but a tad bit too much high end. They can get a bit shrill. I'm not sure if the 6 and 7 string pickups are similar enough to compare though.

optonaut

Reaction score
Hey! I just got my second extreme7 (i wanted a second one for different tunings and so on...) The first one i bought has Seymour Duncans mounted (jeff beck and 59) and they totaly blew me away. the second one i got for xmas has the original schecter pu´s mounted. ok, there IS a difference, but the schecters are more than ok! they really do sound a bit brighter, but nothing that you can´t dial out with an amp eq.

Beavis83

Reaction score
Hey! I just got my second extreme7 (i wanted a second one for different tunings and so on...) The first one i bought has Seymour Duncans mounted (jeff beck and 59) and they totaly blew me away. the second one i got for xmas has the original schecter pu´s mounted. ok, there IS a difference, but the schecters are more than ok! they really do sound a bit brighter, but nothing that you can´t dial out with an amp eq.

Thanks for the info dude, I'll keep mine stock for now and see how things go.

')