NGD Seed Kotetsu (with some upgrades)

TLaw97

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
11E7DEFE-E4A6-4F4D-9EBD-464F99113246.jpeg

Holy. Shit. I’ve been eyeing one of these guitars for a while. I wanted the longest scale length that I could find without really breaking the bank, and the Seed Kotetsu was the perfect find.

I swapped the original tuning machines out for gold hipshot locking tuners, the tremolo for a gold one, and gold strap locks. I’ll swap the pickup selector for a gold one at another time, but I’m not too pressed about for now.

I also swapped all three pickups:
-Dimarzio P90 Super Distortion on the neck
-Dimarzio Super Distortion S in the middle
-Dimarzio Titan on the bridge

I have it setup for D standard an octave down. I’m really aiming to get it to B standard an octave down, but it feels and sounds so good right now that I may just keep using my drop pedal to pitch shift 3 semitones down to B.

I’ve spent the last year or so playing a Squire Paranormal Cabronita Baritone setup for B standard and then pitch shifting it an octave down to do all of my writing. Doesn’t sound too great but it got the job done for writing lmao. The Seed is definitely a “dreams do come true” moment for me haha.

This is the first guitar that I’ve really put work into and I’m so overjoyed. Shoutout to Valdra for answering any questions I had about this guitar and to AltecGreen for giving me a great deal on it! And thank you to the community here, couldn’t have gotten this done without stumbling upon these forums. 🖤

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
These things are awesome!

I been on the fence about tryna get one for years now...

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I want one of these. Badly.

That guitar is gorgeous and I love the gold hardware you added.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I have one of these on the way now (just ordered a new black one from Sago’s Reverb store).

What gauges are you using for this? I was planning on tuning to E standard, and use it like a piccolo bass.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I had been planning for ages to buy one (Basically since I discovered wagakki)
The problem is that shipping + import duties more than doubles the cost of the guitar

It's annoying that Sago/Seed doesn't have local dealers in EU/USA

Latest posts