NGD: She Suhr is purdy

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
For the past 2 years I have been slowly buying and selling guitars and "Trading up" for slightly higher quality ones with the end game being me ending up with a few of my dream guitars. It's been a fun ride and it has let me get my hands on several interesting and fun to play guitars on the way, I think I've bought and sold close to a dozen guitars to get here hahaha.

Anyway here is Dream Guitar #1 a Suhr Modern Custom with reverse headstock (my fav)

A few of the pictures were taken from my tin can and the others were done professionally but a screen shot from my phone because I'm lazy. I'll post the pictures then the specs ;)

There, hopefully that wasn't too many.

Here are the lovely specs;

• Body Wood - Black Limba 2-piece with arm, hand and tummy contours
  • Top Wood - Black Limba
  • Neck Wood - Cocobolo, satin finish, Ebony fingerboard, Clay side dots
  • Neck Shape - Modern Elliptical.800-.850 Radius - 10"-14" compound
  • Headstock -Reverse, Cocobolo, Matching Satin Finish
  • Nut -1.65" Tusq
  • Frets - 24 Jumbo Stainless
  • Bridge - Gotoh 510, 2P-SS-SB
  • Black Hardware
  • Black Input Jack - Side
  • Gears - Suhr Locking
  • Pickguard - None
  • Neck Pickup - SSV, HB, Zebra
  • Middle Pickup - ML Standard, SC, Black
  • Bridge Pickup - SSH+, HB, Zebra
  • Electronics - 5-Way Blade Mega, Volume, Tone w/ Push/Pull Split Neck Humbucker, Mini Push Button "Blower Switch"
  • Finish - custom Black Burst w/ Natural Center
  • Logo Type - Decal - Gold
  • Face Dots - None
  • Case - Deluxe Hard, Black String Gauge - 10-46

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keel

Reaction score
Happy ngd. Man I want a suhr modern and that one is a beautiful specimen. Also, big stubbies for life!

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
team big stubby!

hngd lovin that reverse headstock

@Keel holy fuckin :ninja: me dude!

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
did you get to try those skervesens and mayones? how's this compare

Yes to the Mayones, have a standard duvell and it's awesome the neck is a bit beefier and as of right now I prefer it to the suhr. I have pretty big hands and even on a chunky 7 string I can wrap my thumb around the neck pretty easily. That being said it takes me no time to get used to a new neck, and the real difference between the Mayo and this guy is wood selection. The mayo is all maple and mahogany and rosewood and this one is all Black limba, Cocobolo and Ebony. Beyond that there both very, very well built guitars.

As for the Skerv I have not played one yet so I have no reference.

lewis

Reaction score
damn that Cocobolo neck looks absolutely stunning and suits the finish on the body perfectly.

Great choice and congrats OP

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Happy ngd. Man I want a suhr modern and that one is a beautiful specimen. Also, big stubbies for life!

I like em big, and I like em stubby... I'm surprised no one has commented on the fret doctor yet lol I freaking love that stuff!

pott

Reaction score
How good are those, truly? I find myself GASing for a Modern, but with two Aristides, a Vigier, a Waghorn etc... I wonder if it's even worth it.

... first world problem...

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
How good are those, truly? I find myself GASing for a Modern, but with two Aristides, a Vigier, a Waghorn etc... I wonder if it's even worth it.

... first world problem...
For a person who owns an Aristides, a 100% meticulously fussed over machine by it's creators, I'm sure a Modern Custom isn't going to blow you away with quality. Once you hit a certain tier of craftsmanship it's all personal preference on what is "better"

I will say 2 things though, my 3 dream guitars are this Suhr Custom, An Aristides 060 or 070 and a Skervesen Carved Raptor 7. All of which are in the top echelon in quality and craftsman ship and each with it's own distinct style that I love.

And of all the guitars I have owned or played (Including Vigier and Waghorn,) this is the best feeling, sounding and looking guitar by far. That being said I've never played an Aristides haha. Exotic guitars are hard to come by in Canada.

JohnTanner

Derpin' on the guitar since 2003
Reaction score
Amazing guitar for a very sub-par dude.......

Just kidding! Tell your wife to take the kids out somewhere, so that I can come over and play this little prostitute :djent:

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Amazing guitar for a very sub-par dude.......

Just kidding! Tell your wife to take the kids out somewhere, so that I can come over and play this little prostitute :djent:

That's going to be my biggest issue, finding more time for my real love... the guitar obviously, not the family.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
That neck really makes it stunning. Congrats dude! Also the blank board is underutilized nowadays. Top notch

pott

Reaction score
For a person who owns an Aristides, a 100% meticulously fussed over machine by it's creators, I'm sure a Modern Custom isn't going to blow you away with quality. Once you hit a certain tier of craftsmanship it's all personal preference on what is "better"

I will say 2 things though, my 3 dream guitars are this Suhr Custom, An Aristides 060 or 070 and a Skervesen Carved Raptor 7. All of which are in the top echelon in quality and craftsman ship and each with it's own distinct style that I love.

And of all the guitars I have owned or played (Including Vigier and Waghorn,) this is the best feeling, sounding and looking guitar by far. That being said I've never played an Aristides haha. Exotic guitars are hard to come by in Canada.

Cheers! Indeed I was 100% looking for subjectivity here.
Can't believe I didn't put this in my original post but this guitar is STUNNING!