NGD - Siggi Braun "Apokalypto"

• Thread starter Fenris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenris

Reaction score
Hello dear Sevenstring.org members! :hbang:

I'm new to this forum and my first post should be a NGD about the best guitar i ever played! :bowdown:

This is the Siggi Braun Custom Shop "Apokalypto" !! :hbang:
DSC00302.jpg

Specsheet:
- Korina Body
- Poplar Burl Top
- Korina/Kambala striped Neck
- Pau Ferro Fretboard
- Low Profile Schaller Floyd Rose
- Bareknuckle Pickups Ceramic Nailbomb
- Schaller Locking Tuners
- Killswitch
- 1 Vol. Push/Pull for Coil Splitting
- CNS-Bolt on System

I picked the guitar up a few days before christmas at Siggi Brauns factory. I walked in and got instantly greeted by all those nice people who work there! Super friendly guys there! Then Siggi told me to follow him and we went to his Showroom..the guitar was presented in its case on a nice table with lighting and all that good stuff…damn i was speechless! :scream: I picked it up, plugged it into his ENGL and the first thing that came into my mind was…"HOLY SHIT how can this sound SO huge while being so lightweight?"..damn that was epic! The Neck was perfect (thin C-shape). The Intonation was perfect. The balance of the guitar also! And the Sound blew me away. My hands literally shaked because i was so excited (and i played some custom-shop instruments before, but Siggi's work blows them all out of the water easily!) After that I got the chance to visit his workplace and all of his woods…no CNC or anything.. While i drooled over a Macassar Ebony Top his workmate showed his little kid how to drill and stuff :lol:

So before i post more pics…a few more words about the whole process about being his customer (I think some may be interested in that).

The contact to him is perfect. I called him often, because I'm a picky bitch lol, but he always took the time i needed to make it perfect. The same goes for the E-Mail communication! Quick answers and lots of pics! But the major thing is..he is a freaking Racecar! He planned and built this thing SO fast its unbelievable. And you have to consider that this is the first time he did a body shape like this one. Also it was christmas time so there were a lot of builds at that time! But he works 24/7. :yesway: That is why I have such respect from this guy and his team. They work all the time. They are always polite and funny and they built their guitars FLAWLESS in such short time!

Summary: Stunning wood collection customers can choose from, Superb customer service, extremely good builds + he can build every shape you have in your head!..but his original designs are top notch also!

Hands down. 11/10 :bowdown:

Here are some pics!

DSC00299.jpg
DSC00307.jpg
DSC00310.jpg
DSC00288.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Looks killer! HNGD! More and bigger pics please!
Not helping my warrior GAS one bit

Symb0lic

Death Metal fanboy
Reaction score
I think just clicking on the pics makes them bigger! First time posting sth. on ss.org so if there is a better option of posting pics tell me!

One way you can do it is to upload your pictures so you can copy the URL of them.
I use Photobucket.com, a free service, to store mine.
You upload the file from the computer and then have options for direct links, or just image links.

Once you've copied the URL, while writing your post, click on the yellow square marked 'insert image', and paste the URL into the bar.

Your photos should appear full size once your post is submitted.

s4tch

Reaction score
Those Siggi Braun neck joints are killing me.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
I quoted the "Holy $#%@" mega kill announcer from Dota when I opened this. Looks amazing, HNGD! :yesway:

Fenris

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I can recommend Siggi Braun to anyone really. He builds every shape with every wood and hardware you want and also recently fanned fret 8 strings..

Also thank you for the photo tip! The next NGD with my 7 string from Siggi braun will come with full size photos!

xzyryabx

Reaction score
Congrats!
Interesting how the Floyd claw anchors into the heel of the neck.
Nifty idea. Iwonde if it translates tonally.

Bear R.

Bear R.-
Reaction score
WoW..now that is bad a...freakin unbelievable...awesome body style too..i love it..period.!!.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The body pleases me greatly. Not sure about the headstock. Any reason you went with a traditional HS?

')