NGD: Skervesen Raptor 8

• Thread starter Compton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jahosy

Reaction score
Congrats mate! Love the depth of the top :bowdown:

And glad it all went well with your build! :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
tumblr_mivdqo3WW11s6lxabo1_500.gif

rifft

Reaction score
That green+gold+maple is tasty! HNGD!

I need a Skervesen in my life, badly. That's a gorgeous piece of instrument. How's the upper fret access? I never noticed on the Raptors, but it looks like it could be difficult reaching the higher frets.

Regardless, congrats and HNGD! :D

I'm not sure if it's because mine is a 7 vs. his 8, but my raptor's body hits the side of the neck right around the 23rd fret. Upper fret access on that is great, although the fan makes 23rd/24th fret on the low B and 24th on the low E a little tough to reach. Fortunately I don't play there too much :)

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
That is one of the most beautiful green finishes I've ever seen! Happy NGD, I'm gonna scroll back up to the pics and drool a bit more. :lol:

Compton

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It plays like a dream! The scale length is perfect imo, the high 24 is kinda of hard to hit but luckily i have big enough hands that it really isn't noticeable! I thought I was going to dislike the pickup selector position but it's actually very quick to flip and super solid.

The only thing I think i will swap out is the pick ups, they sound fantastic for chord voicing but I just think they are to bright on the high end for what I like.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar man. What would the inlay pattern be referred to as ?

Mwoit

Reaction score
That looks lush. Nice!

Skervesen seems to be the latest hot thing at the moment, and they make some nice looking guitars. Definitely a keeper? :lol:

Stijnson

Reaction score
Love it, happy ngd man. Really awesome stuff. Whats the top wood and finish called? Is it Burl poplar?

Albek

Reaction score
I've never seen that combination with gold hardware and green top but it looks absolutely amazing....great choice

')