NGD Skervesen Viper (aka Octopus)

• Thread starter Musza
  • Start date
  • Tags
    skervesen.
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Discoqueen

Dang tootin
Reaction score
Ohhhh sheeesh, dude! That thing is NASTY!!!! Elm burl top, you say? Yes, please! HNGD!!!

Musza

Reaction score
Let me be clear, OP, that I have had this post open since it's inception. I've been staring at the guitar. Intently. It is truly something gorgeous, Cthonic, and full of win.

So do you shoot YT videos or what?!

Yup, I'm going to record a YT video to a new song I'm working on. It'll take a while cuz I have to finish mixing the Medusa test for Terrormuzik first and a Regius video I started working on before I got Medusa tracks.

Thanks guys! I didn't expect so many warm comments about the shape. I really love how the headstock shape works with the body and I think it should work with the superstrat shape as well (mabe even better?).

What I have to say about this guitar that it is comfortable as hell. Very small body, deep neck joint, switch placement, volume knob quite far from the strings and an asymmetric thin neck makes it a perfect guitar for a tapping (in between the riffs) lovers. It reminds me of a first MM EVH signature somehow. To be the most comfortable for me guitar ever I need only to change those Schaller locking tuners as they are a bit too heavy and they ruins the guitar balance. Nothing that automaticaly locking grovers won't improve :idea:

The tone has a lot of character and it's quite specific. Impressive low hum level, great chords clarity, tight lows, sharp but modest highs and lots of growling minds. It sounds a little bit thin on those chuga-chuga riffs but for those stuff I have my mighty Regius.

It's really great to have a Viper (aka Octopus :p) in my guitar arsenal. Every of my 7-stringers now are tonally different and complete each other mixed. Someday I'll record an audio/video comparison for you guys, someday ;)

Cheers!

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
That is quite possibly one of the most unique takes on that shape i've seen. As a whole guitar it just works and the all the subtle things like the grooves on the body just make it work.

What a stunner, nice one mate

Musza

Reaction score
Take a look at her size:

20121113_143448.jpg

Majkel

Reaction score
That headstock is one of the most perfectly beautiful ones I've ever seen. It's just genious :bowdown:

Musza

Reaction score
That headstock is one of the most perfectly beautiful ones I've ever seen. It's just genious :bowdown:

and imagine how useful it is, you can simply hang the guitar in the wardrobe :D

Majkel

Reaction score
and imagine how useful it is, you can simply hang the guitar in the wardrobe :D

Yeah, but imagine how hard you'd have to kick your ass right in the face if you did that and it broke!

Although, then it would just look like a Blackmachine ;P

')