NGD!!! Skull and cross bones content

• Thread starter myampslouder
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

myampslouder

Reaction score
I was browsing around on craigslist a few days ago and I came a cross a great deal on an LTD MF207.
photobucket-37215-1344989497322.jpg

photobucket-5602-1344989417479.jpg

I'm honestly not big on weird shaped guitars but it was to good a deal to pass up. Figured it would be fun to tinker with for a bit.

I had a set of Emg 81-7s laying around so I installed those in place of the stock HZs. It still needs a setup but so far it sounds great and plays much better than expected.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't secretly hoping that was a George Lynch J Frog.
That being said, I love that body style. :metal: Congrats!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
It's a pretty good guitar, I like it more than my Agile, just the switch is in the most retarded place I've ever seen.

fortisursus

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen this model. Is this a Jap only model? HNGD

InfinityCollision

Reaction score

My local GC has/had one. One of the salesmen tried to set me up with one after I asked if they had any sevens in stock. He got a solid 10 minutes of improvised "pirate" music for that :lol: They're not bad playing guitars for the price, but I'm not a fan of the body or the inlays at all.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score

No, if I remember right it was a Musicians Friend special run

Nice. I actually love where they place the knob and switch (out of way).

And I don't mind them being out of the way, I just hate that I have to have it about chest high to be able to hit it while I'm playing

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Man I love the f shape!

Congratulations amp!

Any other tinkering plans for it?

myampslouder

Reaction score
Thanks everybody

Man I love the f shape!

Congratulations amp!

Any other tinkering plans for it?

No major plans for it really other than fixing some minor issues. If i keep it I might swap the licensed floyd for an original.

Big Rich

Reaction score
i had one of those but i sold it, i still have my blue one and love it. the older ltd's were great 7 strings

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
the F series is one of the only "pointy" guitars I think I find comfortable. They seem to actually mold pretty well if you ask me and have a surprisingly comfortable body contour. Also surprisingly thin and the ones I've played have been pretty light which is nice, but that may be different in this case.

Jealous and regret never getting one, great catch :yesway:

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Sweet guitar! I have bad luck with those things. Every time I see them for sale locally they are just beat up to shit, and pretty much unplayable. That one looks pretty clean and awesome though. I would love to have one.

myampslouder

Reaction score
the F series is one of the only "pointy" guitars I think I find comfortable. They seem to actually mold pretty well if you ask me and have a surprisingly comfortable body contour. Also surprisingly thin and the ones I've played have been pretty light which is nice, but that may be different in this case.

Jealous and regret never getting one, great catch :yesway:

I'm not a fan of pointy guitars at all really but I do agree the F series is surprisingly comfortable. The curves and contours of the body are very well though out and it feels no different than a normal strat style guitar in both sitting and standing positions. It's not very heavy at all and it balances extremely well. When using a strap it hangs perfectly in a normal playing position.

')