NGD - SLAT3-7 in Green Swirl... :) And RGD320

• Thread starter rob_l
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_l

Reaction score
Shares a happy home with it's Green Swirled Rhoads and SL3 kin... ;) I'm downstairs, have my four year old son all week so my playing time is limited but I'll say the factory setup, fit and finish are perfect.

These pics SUCK, sorry bout that - Better to come I promise, and dont do the guitar justice. I have a Custom Shop SL2-7 and the one thing this one has that I wish my CS did are the full sized sharkfin inlays.

Seems like a lot of value for the asking $ and I was supposed to be getting an RGA-7 today - But, brilliant people that they are, MusiciansFIEND sent me a fucking AFFINITY SERIES SUNBURST STRAT - by MISTAKE?? That chapped my ass, and I was already unhappy about missing FedEx and had to make a trip to the depot to pick up the SLAT - Only to return home, open what was supposed to be an RGA7 - Only to be slapped in the face by a fucking SQUIRE of all things. Pissed. Enraged. Those words in no way reflect that I wanted someone at MF to be strung up by the balls for a week... lol

Upon opening the SLAT - The anger quickly abated and the giddy playing began. This is the second 7 I have with the 81 in the bridge and I'm really diggin' it for an EMG. Like it better than the 6-string version, not so harsh. :)

Enjoy das pics - I think this makes number 2 of the SLATs on here - The Metallic Grey is bad ass as well.

I also grabbed a RGD 320 in white until the 2127 and 2120 drop and it was in tune at D standard from Ibanez. Now THAT is a first!! All in all, another kick ass guitar that should not be ignored.

I'll just put one pic here, and the rest in a thread in the Extended Section :)

With it's matching SL3 GSW cousin...
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

The RGD... Reminiscent of the Petrucci and more importantly a design Ibby did in the 80's that Mr. Hoshino detested and called the "PotatoCaster" lol

1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Holy crap, it's another Jackson 7 with properly scaled finlays!

rob_l

Reaction score
Carvin. Handcrafted in the USA, and buying US are important to me. Not to mention that just the sheer number of options, and the plain fact that you control your Carvin, you arent just handed a small swatch of colors and made to deal with it.

But, it doesnt take away from this guitar. The compound radius and Japanese build are also top notch.

It just depends on where you want your money goin' I guess... ;) :spock::lol:

SWEET MICROWAVE ROB!

:lol::lol:

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
is there a difference between emgs with the new logo and the old ones with the simple EMG writing?

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
WOW!! That swirl is fucking ace!

How is that RGD though? I know that's the lower version... Hows the neck?

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
Wow, that finish looks great. I think the SLAT3-7 may end up being my next 7. I wonder if some guy who ordered a Squier Affinity Strat ended up with an RGA7?

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST man! Both of those are impossibly beautiful! Congratugoddamnlations I'm literally freaking out in my chair :lol:

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Full sized sharkfin inlays FTW! The binding on the neck and headstock really top it off and set it apart from the 6 stringer too.

xxxyyy

Reaction score
One fast question:
this guitar is beautiful... but on the Jackson site I see a different guitar 1-small Jackson logo on headstock (and apparently bigger headstock)
2-small shark inlays
3-no bindings.

I'd like to have a no bindugs full black guitar, but I like the bigger logo (and smaller headstock?) and bigger inlays...
Basically a SLAT3-6 on the Jackson website, but with 7 strings.

Does it exist?