NGD: Solar 7S

• Thread starter X14Halo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

X14Halo

Reaction score
Check this out, really interesting watch.

/OT

Very awesome man, I dig how stripped down the Solar S's are. And you got a killer neck :yesway:

This was a fantastic video...thanks! That makes me appreciate the neck on my guitar so much more.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
You would think after 10 months of being made that it would come out perfect

10 months?! That seems like a long wait...so HN(long awaited)GD.

Edit: Thanks for posting that video; I recall a wood seller I talked to had mentioned something like this, and it's cool to see where that sentiment came from.

X14Halo

Reaction score
10 months?! That seems like a long wait...so HN(long awaited)GD.

Edit: Thanks for posting that video; I recall a wood seller I talked to had mentioned something like this, and it's cool to see where that sentiment came from.

Yea, when I ordered they said it would take about 5 months, but it ended up at 10 in the end. I don't mind though...I realize that they were very busy. They always gave updates on the progress and it turned out great!

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Looks great! I feel that for a guitar that is going for the "stealth" look, they should have dyed the fretboard. I usually don't mind ebony that isn't actually black at all, but on an all black guitar, the carpet should match the drapes (in my opinion of course). Sounds great though!

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score

/OT

Very awesome man, I dig how stripped down the Solar S's are. And you got a killer neck :yesway:

Saw that video when it was first released. Really incredible watch, that's for sure.
Glad to see others spreading it around too!

Happy NGD as well!

Zado

Reaction score
Happy ngd! How does it play compared to the two sisters?

/OT

Great vid! thanks for sharing!

let's play more rosewood!:lol:

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Great looking axe! I love the non-bound body.

I've seen the spatter pattern in a lot of different woods. From what is shown in the pics, it's just the wood that looks like that.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
mod edit: if you want to point out an actual flaw that's one thing, but let's not just be a dick in somebody's NGD, mmm'kay?

My little fret falling out joke was just that. A joke. If you dont blow sunshine up everyones ass around here you get the fucking nazi edit and 75 neg reps. Its getting a bit ridiculous around here.

Sorry OP. I didnt realize that jokes were banned and didnt mean anything by it dude.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I've never seen ebony with marks like that. Ever. Streaks yes, but drop-like marks? Never.

Clean looking axe though bro. Brutal as hell!

I've seen it in rosewood more often, but it happens in ebony. Like I said, there is no such thing as an "ebony" wood, but rather many different types of wood that get nicknamed ebony.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen it in rosewood more often, but it happens in ebony. Like I said, there is no such thing as an "ebony" wood, but rather many different types of wood that get nicknamed ebony.

Ebony actually is referring to a couple species of wood in the same family, but you are correct in the sense that most people call every dark, dense wood ebony, just as like a nickname or tradename. But Ebony is a real wood, in the Diospryos (or however you spell that) family. Massacar Ebony, Ceylon Ebony, Mauritius Ebony, Gabboon Ebony, etc. It most definitely is a wood genus, but, like I said above a lot of builders dye boards or simply call every dark, dense wood Ebony. :hbang:

That looks almost like a stain drip, it is in between grain lines.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Looks brilliant. My favourite part is the fretboard, there are crazy patterns and things in it, looks amazing!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Ebony actually is referring to a couple species of wood in the same family, but you are correct in the sense that most people call every dark, dense wood ebony, just as like a nickname or tradename. But Ebony is a real wood, in the Diospryos (or however you spell that) family. Massacar Ebony, Ceylon Ebony, Mauritius Ebony, Gabboon Ebony, etc. It most definitely is a wood genus, but, like I said above a lot of builders dye boards or simply call every dark, dense wood Ebony. :hbang:

That looks almost like a stain drip, it is in between grain lines.

It's not a wood genus, it's just the name a variety of strains have adopted. Ebony is a descriptive term more than anything. It's just like Mahogany and Rosewood.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
It's not a wood genus, it's just the name a variety of strains have adopted. Ebony is a descriptive term more than anything. It's just like Mahogany and Rosewood.

Ebony is most definitely a real wood, although, like I said above is is a term used to describe ever dark wood nowadays, but there are species of Ebony.

Diospyros ebenum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kingdom Plantae – Plants
Subkingdom Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
Superdivision Spermatophyta – Seed plants
Division Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
Class Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
Subclass Dilleniidae
Order Ebenales
Family Ebenaceae – Ebony family
Genus Diospyros L. – diospyros
Species Diospyros ebenum J. Koenig ex Retz. – ebony

Diospyros ebenum
Diospyros ebenum is a species of tree occurring in southern India and Sri Lanka. It is best known for being one of the trees that yield ebony; the wood of this tree is called Ceylon Ebony or India Ebony, but often simply called "ebony".

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh look, two guys saying literally the exact same thing but phrasing it differently so they feel like they're disagreeing. I love the internet. :rofl:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Ebony is most definitely a real wood, although, like I said above is is a term used to describe ever dark wood nowadays, but there are species of Ebony.

Diospyros ebenum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kingdom Plantae – Plants
Subkingdom Tracheobionta – Vascular plants
Superdivision Spermatophyta – Seed plants
Division Magnoliophyta – Flowering plants
Class Magnoliopsida – Dicotyledons
Subclass Dilleniidae
Order Ebenales
Family Ebenaceae – Ebony family
Genus Diospyros L. – diospyros
Species Diospyros ebenum J. Koenig ex Retz. – ebony

Diospyros ebenum
Diospyros ebenum is a species of tree occurring in southern India and Sri Lanka. It is best known for being one of the trees that yield ebony; the wood of this tree is called Ceylon Ebony or India Ebony, but often simply called "ebony".

Like I said, and like you just said, it's not a wood genus. Diospyros ebenum is the only one with "ebony" being derived from its namesake, but just the same, ebony is in essence a descriptive term.

Edit: I don't consider this an argument, for the record.

On topic: I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are drops of dye on dude's fretboard, but it's entirely possible that we're just seeing naturally occurring marks.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And it just keeps going. :lol:

Guys, take this little misunderstanding fest to PM. As fun as it is to watch, this is some dude's NGD.

')