NGD: Solar Guitars AB1.6HTPB

Metropolis

Reaction score
This thing arrived today! I just couldn't resist the combination of bright color and roasted maple fretboard/neck.

Immediately gave it a quick setup for my liking with new strings. Swamp ash body is nice and light, everything feels pretty solid. Stainless steel frets are well rounded and one of the best I've seen in this price range, no fret buzz or dead spots at all. Medium C neck profile as always with Solars, not Ibanez Super Wizard thin or too thick, just right in the middle.

DSC-0411.jpg

DSC-0412.jpg

DSC-0414.jpg

DSC-0416.jpg

DSC-0417.jpg

DSC-0419.jpg

DSC-0420.jpg

DSC-0421.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
Happy ngd! Looks sweet!

How is the neck pickup? I think so far no one knows about it really.

Metropolis

Reaction score
HNGD!

It looks awesome.

I'd swap the bridge pickup right away though:)

It's pretty okay, not the tightest possible but it goes. Though in some situations it's bit dry sounding and lacking last bit of output. I'm thinking Seymour Duncan Black Winter again, which is on my bucket list of pickups to try.

MadYarpen

Reaction score
It's pretty okay, not the tightest possible but it goes. Though in some situations it's bit dry sounding and lacking last bit of output. I'm thinking Seymour Duncan Black Winter again, which is on my bucket list of pickups to try.
I've chosen Alternative 8, thought it would fit nicely in ash guitar. I think it was a good choice, so maybe you can add this to the list. You won't complain about lack of output for sure.

Chebax

Reaction score
I just got my first Bridge Black Winter a couple of days ago and so far I’m digging it.
I’ve always been a JB guy and I was afraid the Black Winters would be too extreme for my taste, but they’re not.

primitiverebelworld

Reaction score
Congratulations! This must be my favorite Solar so far. Thomann only shows FR or ET models but yours is more perfect with the fixed bridge. Bolt-ons rule too(for mods)

AxRookie

Aspiring Expert
Reaction score
That's one great looking guitar! makes me reconsider my feelings on reverse headstocks and with not four but five neck bolts I don't see that neck shifting around at all! SWEET!

Latest posts

')