NGD: Something for Everyone? (ESP, PRS, Gibson, Fender, Aristides, EVH)

• Thread starter rifftrauma
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I think I've posted a proper new gear / guitar day here and I figured I'd clean up some of the new arrivals and throw them up on the site. I moved back from Germany a little under a year ago and have almost completely swapped out most of my guitars since then. I've also been building a small EVH stealth rig with a few pedals shamelessly ripped from Brandon Ellis's live setup.

The ESP Silverburst I've had on order for a little over a year and a half now. I was able to get one shipped from overseas and it arrived last week, so it's perhaps the truest NGD and the actual reason for the post. The finish on it is pretty amazing in person and it's a little thinner and sleeker than the gold splatter.

Most of the guitars are in different tunings, except the Strat and Les Paul which are in Standard. I've made small modifications to about half of the guitars, with the gold splatter being the real guinea pig. I just installed some Will Adler Fishman's in it last night, and it's rocking a Hantug Floyd from Turkey. The Aristides is also loaded with Hantug parts and Fishman Moderns. I just finished installing Grover locking tuners and a locking Corsa-Faber bridge on the Les Paul Custom as well. Finally, the Tremonti is awaiting a pickup swap at the PRS PTC, because it turns out I absolutely can't stand the stock Tremonti pickups in it.

The '55 Bone tone is stock and plays like a dream. I've got it up for sale locally which is why it looks like it's undressing in the pictures. Won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell.

Anyways, sorry the pictures are a little darker than expected, I wanted to clean them up and get them in some natural light, enjoy!

ESP Original Series Eclipse CTM Liquid Metal Silverburst - C# Standard
ESP USA Gold Splatter Eclipse with Hantug Floyd Rose and Will Adler pickups - D Standard
PRS Tremonti Wood Library Yellow Tiger - Drop D
Gibson Les Paul Custom Cobra Burst Quilt - Standard
Custom Shop ‘55 Bone Tone Stratocaster - Standard
Aristides H/06 Custom Crackle - C Standard

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Curious how you wired the LEDs in your stealth?
I ended up using Temple audio RBG solo 18 inch strips. I removed the back grill and installed the LED inside the top of the head, right behind the grill. The holes in the back are big enough to allow a 10ft DC extension cable through. The cable runs right into the bottom of the pedal board and connect into the voodoo labs underneath the board. When I plug the board in, the lights automatically come on and will stay whatever color you set them even if unplugged. Same thing with the LED under the board itself, it just uses the DC cable provided with the voodoo labs.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, very nice haul! The Tremonti is 🤌 wenge neck on that?

The EC's are awesome too, the gold splatter is super cool! The battery compartments remind me of old school ashtrays in cars (in a good way, they look sick!).

Latest posts

')