NGD: Squier CV 70's Strat OW

• Thread starter gunch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Pics
DSC_1982-2.jpg

DSC_1991-2.jpg

DSC_1999-2.jpg

Initial Impressions: Really nice and I get the hype/rep the CV series gets these days. No dead frets or bad spots and arrived with what I'd call medium action. Frets are scratchy though and need a good polish. Some oxidation on the tuners already but they are coming off so no big deal. Pots and switch feel good and solid. Gloss finish on the neck has to go though. Overall, I will recommend CVs to anyone that needs a workable guitar for <$400 bracket.

Future mod plans: I have TUSQ nut, saddles, Guyker vintage locking tuners with white buttons and string tree ready to go on but I'm not in a big hurry. I want to get the BKP impulse single coil set eventually but again I want to get used to the guitar as is before I take it apart. But I do want to perform most of the stuff Ben Calhoun in this video does for Rhett Shull:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Pics
View attachment 146980
View attachment 146981
View attachment 146982
Initial Impressions: Really nice and I get the hype/rep the CV series gets these days. No dead frets or bad spots and arrived with what I'd call medium action. Frets are scratchy though and need a good polish. Some oxidation on the tuners already but they are coming off so no big deal. Pots and switch feel good and solid. Gloss finish on the neck has to go though. Overall, I will recommend CVs to anyone that needs a workable guitar for <$400 bracket.

Future mod plans: I have TUSQ nut, saddles, Guyker vintage locking tuners with white buttons and string tree ready to go on but I'm not in a big hurry. I want to get the BKP impulse single coil set eventually but again I want to get used to the guitar as is before I take it apart. But I do want to perform most of the stuff Ben Calhoun in this video does for Rhett Shull:

I've been eyeballing these too. I've had a couple of the old CV strats from the original Chinese made versions where they earned their reputation. The 60s strat I got had a 2pc alder body with the softer 50s contours, quartersawn neck with the round laminated veneer rosewood fretboard, Tonerider pickups. They moved production and changed the specs and I haven't been able to try the new ones.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I was nervous about the Laurel looking dry and light and crappy but I’m happy to report that I can’t tell the fucking difference between the fretboard and the keyboard wrist rest I made out of a rosewood block a couple years ago

')