NGD Squier Telecaster

Coltron5k

Gnardog
Reaction score
Okay, so this post is a little late but I recently decided to make a project Telecaster. I used to not like Tele's at all but they've grown on me immensely. Thus the project Tele was born.

My start is a newer Squier Affinity Tele. Why? It's cheap, it has a string thru alder body, and I won't mind f*cking it up. :lol:

- New neck
- New nut
- New tuners
- New pickguard
- New pickup(s)
- New Hardware?

*I planned on making this thread and slowly updating it as I made progress but that wasn't possible as life is hectic and everything arrived sporadically.

I'll upload some pics of the finished guitar in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    978.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 35

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Are you going to keep it as a tele or make it something else with a tele body?

Coltron5k

Gnardog
Reaction score
Are you going to keep it as a tele or make it something else with a tele body?

It'll still be a Tele. The only thing that's going to stay the same is the body though. It'll have a Canadian maple tele neck (Warmoth I think), a brass nut and an EMGX pickup in the bridge position. :D

thisismrfrenzy

Reaction score
Don't put the EMG in :( sorry bout the EMG hate but the tone won't even have the character of a tele, better go with a DiMarzio tone zone s or a chopper if you want a meaty sound that still retains that twang

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
i agree with the no emg thing. if you want the tele sound, don't use an emg.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Actually, the EMG T pickups pretty much just sound like a clear, compressed tele. I'm a fan, and I don't typically like any other EMG outside of the SA and their bass pickups.

Coltron5k

Gnardog
Reaction score
Actually, the EMG T pickups pretty much just sound like a clear, compressed tele. I'm a fan, and I don't typically like any other EMG outside of the SA and their bass pickups.

I understand why everyone would be bent outta shape about the EMG. I'm a big fan of passive pickups, don't get me wrong. One of my favorite rigs I had was an RG7321 with Seymour Duncan/DiMarzio's in it. I decided to go active for this build mainly because I didn't want a BKP and I'm going single coil. So, the pickup I put in is an EMGSX (even though it didn't want to fit). It may lose tone considering its active and the wood won't really play a factor but I still feel like the positioning is interesting and it sounds great.

I'll upload some finished pics tonight. :yesway:

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
looks great already! Teles have grown on me lately also. trying to save to get a Mexi Tele to mod up also. gonna put a Hipshot and a Dimarzio Titan in the bridge, and a red turtoise pickguard

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
To OP, you probably could have gone with a Tele body found online and saved yourself some money to put towards the hardware and neck.

A bit OT:

looks great already! Teles have grown on me lately also. trying to save to get a Mexi Tele to mod up also. gonna put a Hipshot and a Dimarzio Titan in the bridge, and a red turtoise pickguard

I have a Titan in an MIM Tele wired with a coil tap and I couldn't agree more with your decision to do this. :yesway:

Coltron5k

Gnardog
Reaction score
To OP, you probably could have gone with a Tele body found online and saved yourself some money to put towards the hardware and neck.

Yes and no. It was an impulse thing but at the same time alder tele bodies are about the same as what I paid for the entire guitar. (at least decent ones)

Pics coming soon.

Coltron5k

Gnardog
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long! My life has been hectic and I'm trying to record my EP at the same time.

But here it is! The "Super Squier"

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 20
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 20
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    837.2 KB · Views: 17
  • pic 4.jpg