NGD Steel metal axe - she's hardcore

ihunda

Reaction score
I was shopping around for a strangely shaped guitar and stumbled upon this from loic lepape, a french luthier specialized in relic guitars made of steel.

Maple neck with ebony board
Pickups: SP Custom Verstyle & SP Custom Chaosland
Body: custom steel body with boat paint :)

This thing screams, very tight, lots of harmonics, I am happy about the pickups although I am installing a set of brushed chrome BKP nailbombs for good measure.

Enough talk, pics time:

1.JPG

2.JPG

52ve.jpg

rwaw.jpg

DSCF0171.JPG

My wife hates it though, not classy enough :nuts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
HNGD - that looks really cool. Looks well-built as well, is it heavy?

inb4 "That's so metal!" etc

ihunda

Reaction score
I like it !

Damn thats cool! HNGD

HNGD - that looks really cool. Looks well-built as well, is it heavy?

inb4 "That's so metal!" etc

Many thanks, lol @ that's so metal :hbang:

It's very well built, a lot of attention to details finish wise and a very careful design around harmonics, for example the holes on the back make a lot of difference to remove some of the bass heaviness found on other steel guitars.

It's actually less heavy than it looks, the inside is completely hollow, weights in between a tele and a lespaul.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Wheres the other half of the headstock? Come on dude. We all know its a Dean ML with a fancy paintjob :lol:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
My wife hates it though, not classy enough :nuts:

There's a definite point in a relationship where you just have to suck it up and learn to not care when your wife makes fun of new guitar.

HNGD! Looks awesome!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Pleeeeease post a sound clip!! With all the times people talk about woods and tone with electrics (which I personally think is overblown) I would love to hear a steel bodied electric. If you're not going to give us a clip then how would you describe the tone in comparison to a wood body electric?

Rev.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Holy moly! Now that's a unique guitar! I don't know ... it's got some class to it. At first glance I thought it was a Westinghouse or Maytag. :lol: Just kidding - congrats and enjoy your very cool guitar!!

Morax

Trve Kvlt
Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome! I love the inverted crosses!

It kind of reminds me of the Amfisound Kelo finish with all the aged hardware, totally a work of art.

ihunda

Reaction score
Wheres the other half of the headstock? Come on dude. We all know its a Dean ML with a fancy paintjob :lol:

AH AH, guess again :) Plus I don't like floyd in a metal riffing axe :fawk:

There's a definite point in a relationship where you just have to suck it up and learn to not care when your wife makes fun of new guitar.

HNGD! Looks awesome!

Yep, last ones she liked where a Shur and a G&L tele so I got to give it to her, she's got good tastes but somehow this one is too over the top :lol:
But I don't care :hbang: :hbang:

ihunda

Reaction score
Pleeeeease post a sound clip!! With all the times people talk about woods and tone with electrics (which I personally think is overblown) I would love to hear a steel bodied electric. If you're not going to give us a clip then how would you describe the tone in comparison to a wood body electric?

Rev.

I will post clips, I should be able to do that today. Frankly it sounds like a f'n electric guitar :)

whats the approximate weight on that bad boy?

A little be more than a swamp ash tele I have, seriously it's much lighter than it looks.

')