NGD: Sterling JP70

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Hi,

pics first:

96148512.jpg

70668712.jpg

27257410.jpg

I got this one last week. Ever since I heard of these coming out I wanted to have one (or two..LOL).
This is an awesome guitar, it plays GREAT. The setup was perfect for me right out of the box, I did not even have to change the action. It was not crazy low, it was more like a medium low action, just how I like it.

The neck feels great, the only flaws I could find was a tiny little mark on the side of the fretboard (looks like wood filler) and a tiny bump on the back of the neck that worried me a bit at first but now it does not bother me anymore.

The trem works very well and stays in tune, but I have not used it in crazy-dive-bomb-mode, as I think this trem was not designed for that anyway.

I was expecting to swap the PUs, but I have to say they sound nice, I like them. I might swap them for DiMarzios at some point, but for now I am fine with the stock PUs.

Lars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalstrike

I love signature guitars!
Reaction score
Gotta love green:agreed:

Looks great, Happy NGD!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

I was really torn between purple and green, I honestly think both colors look equally great.
Now I want the purple one, too......

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
Dang that's a very sharp looking JP! I love green guitars, especially see through.

I didn't know they were making Sterling 7 strings. That's awesomely cool. What would you compare the neck contour too? I've never tried a JP before so I'm a lil curious about them.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
I played one of these the other day at the music shop.
I was really surprised at how well it was set up, and how well it played.

HNGD!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks, guys.
yes, at some point I might swap the PUs for LF/CL or maybe ToneZone/AirNorton, but I am actually not in a hurry for changing the PUs, as I really like the stock ones.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Saw the purple version of this at my GC on the used guitar wall, had to give it a playthrough. But in typical GC fashion, there were a number of things wrong with it, the neck was bowed so every note fretted out. Didn't help that the strings were barely off the fretboard. I mentioned it to the tech and asked him to give it a quick truss rod tweak, and raise the action just a bit.

Played great afterwards, still had buzz but it hadn't been set up properly anyways so no big deal. The neck was beyond flat, which isn't my thing imo but it was extremely thin so I can see a lot of people being satisfied by these guitars. And the stock pups were decent at best, I played through a Bogner and I couldn't get the pickups to be less muddy. There wasn't that much note definition but a CL/LF set fixes that easily.

Griffo

Reaction score
Cheers for the link and stuff guys. Unfortunately out of stock in both places :( Will have to keep a check out!

')