NGD: Strandberg #15

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys! My Strandberg has finally arrived!

The Specs:
Lightweight Swamp Ash Body
Curly Claro Walnut Top with Rosewood Veneer
Birdseye Maple Fretboard
24.75-25.75 scale with neutral point around the 6th fret.
24 Medium/High Stainless Steel Frets
Luminlay Side Dots with compensated positioning for the Fanned Frets.
Belly Carve and Arm Bevel (for comfort)
Lundgren M7 Set
EGS Series 3 Fixed Bridge in Red
Hard Rock Maple Neck with Mahogany and Carbon Fiber laminates.
1 Vol no Tone
3 way mini switch for the pickups.

Here are the pics:
DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

My Inital Thoughts:
Incredibly lightweight and one of the most acoustically resonant solid body guitars i have ever heard. I had asked for a slightly enlarged control cavity to act as a chamber, and i think this helps. The Walnut top is absolutely gorgeous and yet allows the guitar to maintain a somewhat understated look for as unique a design it has, and the Birdseye fretboard contrasts the body beautifully.

This guitar arrived with quite possibly the BEST setup i have ever experienced on a 7 string, the notes sustain incredibly despite the action being very low. It feels very effortless to move around.
The guitar has a very midrangey and tight character to it, it has the attack you would associate with alder and basswood, but a fuller low mid area which is always welcome, especially when palm-muting chords. Im digging the sound of it a lot so far!

I have only just started playing it, so this is all i can say thus far, but ill update with some clips/vids if i have time before our 2 dates with Dream Theater, and i do plan on using it live at those shows as well, so i can give some feedback on how i like it as a live instrument (which is what i mainly want to use it for!) But i have high hopes for it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT..

That is all for now until I can change my shorts. A task that will prove quite challenging with this giant erection. Thanks Mish and congrats sir.

SymmetricScars

Reaction score
That thing is beautiful! :yesway:

And there are some pretty interesting choices in those specs!

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ola does such amazing work. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person next week! Congrats on the new guitar! :D

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
That looks absolutely SICK... beautiful body woods, minimalist controls, and headless. Speaking of which... it makes me feel VERY good that all of my favorite guitarists are moving towards headless... the ergonomics of a "regular" guitar are far inferior to the Steinberger/Klein/Strandberg/Teuffel design in my humble opinion.

I've already have one Steinberger for around 4 years now and now I'm moving to build a custom Stein 6-string with a graphite neck, fixed bridge, L-500s and a walnut/maple laminate body + natural finish.

... the fanboy in me also rationalizes the fact that I spent weeks trying to cop the FAS Modern sound on my Axe-Fx from you by the fact that you bought a guitar just as pseudo 80's looking as mine xD

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
i thanked the thread before i even saw the pics.
i regret nothing.

congrats on a truely beautiful guitar :yesway:

Dan Halen

Reaction score
i mean how can you not like that guitar. SRRSLY. but that IS really awesome i wish i had the money for one i bet that ran you a good 2000 or so maybe a bit cheaper cause i dont think they are TOOO expensive but they are up there. more than like 1100.

id also like to make a 7 string Musiclander from Warmoth but they dont do that. anyone know who makes body blanks that can do a 7 string route?

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Wow, she's beautiful! Come back to Massachusetts soon so I can see!

')