NGD: Strandberg #15

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Hey guys! My Strandberg has finally arrived!

The Specs:
Lightweight Swamp Ash Body
Curly Claro Walnut Top with Rosewood Veneer
Birdseye Maple Fretboard
24.75-25.75 scale with neutral point around the 6th fret.
24 Medium/High Stainless Steel Frets
Luminlay Side Dots with compensated positioning for the Fanned Frets.
Belly Carve and Arm Bevel (for comfort)
Lundgren M7 Set
EGS Series 3 Fixed Bridge in Red
Hard Rock Maple Neck with Mahogany and Carbon Fiber laminates.
1 Vol no Tone
3 way mini switch for the pickups.

My Inital Thoughts:
Incredibly lightweight and one of the most acoustically resonant solid body guitars i have ever heard. I had asked for a slightly enlarged control cavity to act as a chamber, and i think this helps. The Walnut top is absolutely gorgeous and yet allows the guitar to maintain a somewhat understated look for as unique a design it has, and the Birdseye fretboard contrasts the body beautifully.

This guitar arrived with quite possibly the BEST setup i have ever experienced on a 7 string, the notes sustain incredibly despite the action being very low. It feels very effortless to move around.
The guitar has a very midrangey and tight character to it, it has the attack you would associate with alder and basswood, but a fuller low mid area which is always welcome, especially when palm-muting chords. Im digging the sound of it a lot so far!

I have only just started playing it, so this is all i can say thus far, but ill update with some clips/vids if i have time before our 2 dates with Dream Theater, and i do plan on using it live at those shows as well, so i can give some feedback on how i like it as a live instrument (which is what i mainly want to use it for!) But i have high hopes for it!

but for reallzy what did that run you. cause i might want one lol

eastguitar

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar... hopefully we can watch videos or listen to a demo soon ...

Greetings from Chile!!

DTay47

Reaction score
I should really stop coming into these NGD threads... I only find a more expensive guitar I want.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Misha, that is gorgeous....

Can I please visit you? PLEASE? You are only an hour and a half from where I live. Jackson, Ibanez, EBMM, and these gorgeous one off from various small builders....

You NEED to share with poor friends like me lol

JK Man again congrats!

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
That bavin guitar is even more bavin on the guitar rug, haha. I can't wait to hear it! Congrats, Misha.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
So, can you use regular strings with this or do you have to buy special ones with balls on both ends?

')