NGD: Strandberg Boden 7 Claro Walnut

• Thread starter Pandaonslaught
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
My bad, but another new guitar day... :D
Strandberg Boden 7!
Specs:
Swamp Ash body
Claro Walnut top
Birdseye Maple Neck
Lace Alumitone
25.75-25.0 fanned scale length
20" radius
Endurneck

It's a pretty cool guitar, i do prefer the Skervesens over it for many reasons but a great guitar none the less. It's biggest pros are that its very light,all the notes ring nicely and its comfortable to play. I might list a Feeler FT/FS post on it shortly, but i need to hit 100 posts first haha.
IMGP0092.JPG

IMGP0094.JPG

IMGP0093.JPG

IMGP0095.JPG

IMGP0096.JPG

IMGP0097.JPG

IMGP0099.JPG

IMGP0100.JPG

IMGP0101.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GXPO

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the average reviews these things are getting... Do you feel your Skervs are better for personal reasons or is this flawed in some way. Looks great to me, Hngd!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the endurneck?

Reaction score
Is this from S7 or Washburn?

I'm surprised by the average reviews these things are getting...

Same here. But, I gotta say, I think it's because of the specs. Fixed specs is one thing, but the ones they chose are kinda... Weird? In fact, the specs that directly affect playability(scale length, radius, fret size) are what kept me from gassing for them. That and the rather insane price.

I bet they do play amazing though; and from what I've seen in vids and demos, they sound bangin'.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the average reviews these things are getting... Do you feel your Skervs are better for personal reasons or is this flawed in some way. Looks great to me, Hngd!
Its because it appears this is from the first run which were made by Strictly 7 Guitars.

jleader

Reaction score
Based on no inlays, 20" radius and the walnut backplate I'd say it's an S7. I like mine all right. Build quality on mine is pretty ho-hum for the price point, but I think Ola's ideas are pretty brilliant and make for a very comfortable guitar despite S7's seemingly hit or miss quality. My 2¢ anyway...

madloff

Reaction score
I'm also kinda surprised these haven't had reviews that meet up with the hype. To each their own I guess. Regardless, that is a gorgeous guitar and I'm sure it's a dream to play.

HNGD!

andyjanson

Reaction score
Very nice dude! Is it just me though, or do the tops on some of these bodens look a tad dry?

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score

I've found that I just jive best with the skervesen neck profile and I'm a super heavy downpicker and the lack of weight(although comfortable) shakes the guitar a bit too much lol.

Pandaonslaught

Reaction score
Just to clear a few things up, this is an S7 boden, but the reasons why I prefer my other guitars aren't due to bad build quality from S7. It's built right, It's really cool, and i can see why people like them, but it's just not for me.

')