NGD: Strandberg CL7

• Thread starter zasonlee89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
photo.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154198282885364&set=pcb.10154198294380364&type=1&theater

Before I start this review, English is my second language so you might find some errors..But I would like to share some info about this guitar

I just got this beauty today afternoon so I don't have a lot of things to say but i'll leave some short review...

first I write some CON(very picky)

Build Quality 7.5/10

1. There was finish issue with my guitar about month ago (stain bleed) so they had to refinish it.

However even when my guitar came back again, there was very little stain bleed this and there. I decided to just get it since its hardly noticeable.

2. My top quality is much less than catalog or earlier production.
I'm not picky about looks but my opinion is they need to have more consistency with their products. I know they are fairly new company, but for 3G I seen better wood selections.

3. Body is unfinished but it feels like more "not finished". I don't think im explaining right however they could do better sanding.

4. Guitar Neck is most amazing thing in this guitar. I have suhr modern which it has amazing neck. But strandberg neck is really something else.

5. All hardware seems very fine and sturdy. I dont have any issues yet.

Sound/Tone 9/10

Huge Resonant, Well balanced, no muddiness , it can do some non-metal music pretty well. I used with mark v and kemper and I cant be happier than this.

I'm not sure I like this EMG or not, but much better then 81-85(for me)

Playability & ETC.

As I mentioned before, ENDURNECK is perfect for me

Ergonomic features on this guitar is inspiring. I'm really impress by Ola's works.
Oh and guitar is super light. 4.4 pounds!!!!!!!!!

Gig bag is one my another favorite thing

I'm looking forward to have great journey with this beauty.

Overall, I'm totally happy with this guitar

but I recommend to wait until they have better production flow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
That really sucks to hear man ; I have heard great things from the Astral team and would have thought their quality was a little better than what you spoke of. Also pics don't work, I would like to see them! HNGD nonetheless those thing's look awesome.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
I dont have nice camera so its very hard to show stain bleed or roughness on the back..

anyway i was looking my top under the light with different angle and realized my guitar has nice flame(curly) all across but somehow its not showing well . I guess staining could be problem than actual wood grade...but wth I like the sound and neck thats all matters for me

I dont have nice camera so its very hard to show stain bleed or roughness on the back..

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
This is the fourth or fifth Astral Strandberg NGD I've seen on SS.org that has build issues. It seems like their QC still has some issues to work out, but this thing is gorgeous. Happy NGD nonetheless!

geese_com

Reaction score
Congrats on the CL7. The figuring on the cocobolo neck is awesome. Bummed to hear about the build issues.

I seriously call first dibs if you ever decide to sell!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Your camera seems plenty good to take much better pics than those. Do it!

Most of us cant comment on the looks until you have better pics

Congrats on the guitar's tone being awesome :metal:

revivalmode

Reaction score
Congrats man but you make me a little scared because I got a Boden 7 incoming in about 4-7 weeks. Hopefully the build quality will be top notch without stains.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
So I noticed more little errors on guitar
here some minor flaws...

2wgrklw.jpg

2r4mlwh.jpg

dzusnc.jpg

there is some dark scratch on body. i tried compound or some guitar cleaning product but didnt work.

2dl9no2.jpg

random black spot next to inlay dot couldn't clean it out neither

also few inlay dots are not centered with frets..heres a picture
2s7xifa.jpg

Serial number stamp is messed up a bit

v7tr9i.jpg

for me, I really dont care but if they want to compete with others they really gotta fix this issue. Seems like im not the only one. I currently own shur, James tyler guitar which is similar price range and those two didnt have any flaw...

I'm not gonna try to sort it out with Exr since its not really affecting its sound or playability.

I gotta say Ola is freaking genius

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
HNGD Man! I really hope you can get that stuff sorted with them without being subjected to another wait in order to get it back.

I also hope mine doesn't have any issues, I'd have a hard time parting with it considering the wait time to get one once it arrives. Definitely flaws on the smaller side of things, besides the side dots being out of place but they shouldn't be there. It's quite a lot of money to be getting anything short of perfection.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
the offset dots I think are supposed to be like that to compensate for the fanned frets

Letuchy

Reaction score
A bit too much flaws for that price IMHO, but anyway great axe, HNGD mate!

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
And I thought I had it bad with flaws...
My flaws are mostly electronic wise though so I well get send replacements for that.
Hope you can figure something out with them!
They certainly went the extra mile to get me satisfied.

zasonlee89

Reaction score
And I thought I had it bad with flaws...
My flaws are mostly electronic wise though so I well get send replacements for that.
Hope you can figure something out with them!
They certainly went the extra mile to get me satisfied.

Seems like my electronics works good. anyway I'm not planning to contacting EXR to sort this problems. I knew about stain bleed before i got my guitar. Rest of the flaws doesn't bother me.
i just posting these issue to share these to our forum users

and it took almost 7 month to get my guitar..that was enough headache for me..

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Though I suppose you could always shoot them the pictures like "hey, I'm cool with this. But you should know this stuff shipped out". The binding one looks like it might be grain but I suspect that is the picture making it look browner.

All that aside, it looks pretty sweet and I bet it plays great. HNGD!

zasonlee89

Reaction score
Though I suppose you could always shoot them the pictures like "hey, I'm cool with this. But you should know this stuff shipped out". The binding one looks like it might be grain but I suspect that is the picture making it look browner.

All that aside, it looks pretty sweet and I bet it plays great. HNGD!

the one on binding is black color, and really looks like somebody marked it with a regular ball pen but it aint coming off....

and yeah I guess i can let them know so they can improve.

Latest posts

')