NGD strictly 7 S7 Boa Viper Exotic Series

• Thread starter xshreditupx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
as i mentioned in another post, i have recently gotten an endorsement from strictly 7. i wanted to get my hands on one asap, so i found a guitar that they had in stock and made a move. I AM SO GLAD I DID. it plays amazing. almost too fast. great tone, amazing look. honestly the only thing i would change about this guitar is the fact that i only have one of them right now. here are the specs.

Body wood: Mahogany
Top Wood: African Wenge, flat-sawn
Neck wood: Flame Maple
Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
Neck Radius: 16"
Scale Length: 27.5"
Frets: 26 Dunlop medium-jumbo nickle-silver
Pickups: EMG 81-7 Bridge, 707 neck
Tuners: Sperzel non-Locking
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Finish: Natural Satin Lacquer

i usually use jumbo frets, but ill tell you what, the fret work on this guitar is SICK SICK SICK. the D shaped neck profile is very comfortable, cuts down on fatigue on a huge scale, and really lets you play in perfect posture with no discomfort. the tone of the wood is dark and rich but it still rolls out a tight high end bite when you get into that high register. time for some pics

IMG_4646.jpg
IMG_4638.jpg
IMG_4647.jpg
IMG_4649.jpg
IMG_4643.jpg
IMG_4646.jpg

all and all i cant think of one thing that i dont like about this guitar. being a part of their team just makes it a little sweeter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ev1ltwin

Sad Redskins Fan
Reaction score
Congrats! I had spec'ed out an order I thought I was gonna put in for Jim, but then this BRJ black friday sale came around, and... well you know whats up. It's guitars like yours that made me want a S7 in the first place. Maybe an 8-string from S7 in the future.

and I know people keep cracking jokes about it, but that rug is fucking awesome

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice!
congrats on the endorsement, this is one of those companies I 've been dying to check out. I hope someone local to me gets one so i can check it out.
I love the overall look of yours all the lines 'work"!
Birds eye maple board and a 25.5 scale and I'd like one just like it.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
That top looks very nice, love natural finishes. And nice touch with the controls backplate on the back.
But I cant help but notice how that Floyd routing looks too large for the floyd itself... Might be the camera flash.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Nice score! It's gorgeous and it fits with the color of your rug?

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Do a video of it! I haven't seen any vids of these guitars in action yet.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Not to derail your NGD...but being an endorsee could you shed some light on when the S7 Single cut going to be revealed?

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
Did Stevie Wonder do the routing for the pickups and Floyd?

honestly, i dont see a problem with the routing, its smooth and fits well. the top/body colors are so different that it looks huge, but its a good fit and the floyd is right on. ill make sure to call stevie and see if he did the routing though, im sure he has time between piano solos to let you know.

Do a video of it! I haven't seen any vids of these guitars in action yet.

coming soon. im gonna sit down tonight and make a quick video, then a real, longer, in depth vid.

Not to derail your NGD...but being an endorsee could you shed some light on when the S7 Single cut going to be revealed?

im gonna call jim right now and see if i can get some info, i know there are a couple of new shapes on the bench as we speak. i got a pic of one i cant talk about, holt shit, the idea is killer. i think everyone is gonna really be surprised by what Jim and co have in store for the guitar world.

That top looks very nice, love natural finishes. And nice touch with the controls backplate on the back.
But I cant help but notice how that Floyd routing looks too large for the floyd itself... Might be the camera flash.

i think maybe because of the flash and the difference in the top color and the body of the guitar it pops so much it gives it that feel, ill take a couple more photos at different angles, so everyone can get a good look. i know i said this already, but i wanted to answer everyone personally.

if anyone has any questions or interest in these guitars feel free to ask me any time. i am in contact with Jim a couple of days a week and im sure he will be happy to answer any questions i have for the board. Jim has a lot of love for the SS.ORG folk, ask fire away.

metallidude3

Reaction score
Got to play this guitar the other night... and let me tell ya probably one of the best playing guitars I've ever played, if not the best. Congrats Pat way to pick em :hbang:

')