NGD Suhr Modern Carved top Trans whale blue

ihunda

Reaction score
Well, let's put it this way, this is my first Suhr and well, unboxing was a breathtaking experience!

Im in love with compound radius fingerboards and this one didn't disappoint, 10-14, although I prefer a Warmoth like 10-16. Vulcanized maple is gold, it has a great feeling and looks dark which I like.

Standard Goto 510 bridge is OK, not the strongest point of the guitar but it does its job well. This guitar has Sperzel locking tuners, very coarse turning ratio but I always tighten them so that they are very hard to turn which means high tuning stability.

Pickups, JST, are nothing to write home about in my book, I'll be swapping them although I already tried fitting lollar imperials covered but they don't fit without routing...

All in one, this guitars feels and plays great, attention to details is unbelievable, it's very light too, I was kind of surprised how little it weights on my shoulders.

Well, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

DSC_0318.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!

HNDG

ihunda

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes @Zado, that neck is making a lot of my guitarist friends envious as well:)

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
NGD of the year? I think yes.

:yum:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic. Every time I see one of these threads I'm tempted to sell something and buy a Suhr.

halomojo

Reaction score
Wow, I'm usually not a big fan of quilt tops and this looks great! Congrats on the new guitar. It's been a long time since I've had the unboxing experience. The time is near!

DakiEnt

Reaction score
Dude that is a great guitar. I have 2 Suhr Moderns now and they are as dialed in as they come. Look down the neck of your guitar--that is what all fretwork should look like!

Hendog

Reaction score
My God, Suhr makes some incredible guitars!

Enjoy!

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
Everybody needs a Suhr.

They are just incredible.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Awesome -- I've seen that guitar with essentially identical specs 10 times over. This is hands down the best I've seen. Suhr - sometimes they give you crappy tops, sometimes they give you unreal tops!

ihunda

Reaction score
I knew this guitar would get a lot of raving comments!
Yes, it's one of a kind, as @Curt said, this is my NGD of the year, but I am hitting this one on a trade as I just became a Shur Addict, so maybe there will be a tie... :

imageflby.jpg

NGD coming soon...

ihunda

Reaction score
Dude that is a great guitar. I have 2 Suhr Moderns now and they are as dialed in as they come. Look down the neck of your guitar--that is what all fretwork should look like!

Lol, yes, that plek machine is magic I tell you!

')