NGD! The amp is finally here!!! (crappy pics inside)

• Thread starter SamSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Wow!

I received a rather heavy package from the local DHL yesterday...

I'm no master photographer and lets face it I wasn't gonna hang around taking pics of this when I should be playing! :shred

But I did take a couple of crappy cellphone pics to appease the masses!

Box!

051810195609.jpg

It's open!

051810195725.jpg

051810195831.jpg

051810195929.jpg

Freedom!!!

051810200325.jpg

Ok, first of all many thanks to Nick (Zimbloth) for providing me with loads of information on a variety of amps before I settled on a purchase. He had a detailed answer for every question I had making it very easy to make a confident decision. Highly recommend!!! :bowdown:

Now, this amp is fucking powerful, I'm currently using it in 60watt low power mode and it feels like being kicked in the chest. I tried out full power 120watt mode out of curiosity and was nearly knocked over by the insane power this thing has! Felt like being hit with a fuckin shotgun!!! No youtube video or recording will ever be able to recreate this sensation! :bowdown:

The standard EQ is very flexible and allows for a great amount of tone shaping, the extra 5 band EQ adds a whole other dimension to this allowing you to create a variety of tones with the 3 channels. I have had very little time to experiment as of yet. However I'm looking forward to tweaking this until I find my tone. :yesway:

The amp has tons of gain on tap without any sort of boost and even at higher levels it remains insanely tight. It's shocking how much gain this thing can put out and still remain insanely focused, I can't imagine what horrors I'll be able to unleash when I plug in my Bloody Murder :lol:

The only thing I need to work on other than that is the effects loop. I'm getting to out my Pod Pro X3 into the loop to use for modulation effects anf the like. Hopefully today I can sort that out, But my drummer is currently having kit troubles which need sorting first. :wallbash:

All in all so far so amazing. I've not even began to scrape the tip of what this thing can do. I literally set the dials to five, cut the bass a tad, added some mids and treble and jammed with my guys. It cuts through insanely well in a band mix with another guitar going. I used to kinda get lost when I was using my old set up (shit setup) but now everything is very well defined and clear

Epic stuffs!

:sharpie:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Congrats dude, that's a sick amp! How is the clean tone on that beast?

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Congrats dude, that's a sick amp! How is the clean tone on that beast?

I shoudl have mentioned. The clean channel is extremely flexible. You can produce a variety of tones using the EQ and the bright and shift switches. You can get a nice warm tone or a crisp tone quite easily.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Having played two CLX halfstacks, VHT/Fryette is some good stuff. congrats man!

Bevo

Reaction score
Nice review, it should cause some GAS!

Would love to try one out, how does it play at house volume around the screaming levels as in TURN IT DOWN!!

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Nice review, it should cause some GAS!

Would love to try one out, how does it play at house volume around the screaming levels as in TURN IT DOWN!!

Hehe, I'm currently using it at relatively low levels anyway due to my small rehearsal space and the restrictions of other gear we are currently using (Shit PA and the absence of the bass players Vader cab). It odesn't sound half as good as at higher volumes as you would expect but it still cuts through perfectly. Fuck man, the note definition is insane, full chords with angry man music levels of distortion and the still ring clear! :bowdown:

rareform707

Reaction score
congrats man! :hbang: im jealous :squint:
i finally got a chance to jam on one of these a few weeks ago. i walked into guitar center to get some cables and a used one was hanging out in the middle of the floor, so i had to play on it.
like you said its soooo easy to dial in an awesome tone right away and even at low volumes it sounds amazing! :bowdown: i was intimidated by the potential, and would have loved to take it home right then and there...someday when i settled down after school :metal:

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
One thing I do need is a new cab though, or at least new speakers. Great amp through a £250 cab :noplease:

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Is that the Ultra Lead? I've been looking into new amps for a while and "fryette" amps have a pretty cool aspect about them...just wish I had more money.

')