NGD - There are many like it but this one is mine! (KM Content)

• Thread starter ImNotAhab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Righty! After 3 long months my KM7 finally arrived! I haven't played one prior but it had a crap ton of features i wanted to try so i rolled the dice.

Lame pics are lame:
sOAMVrn.jpg

O7Fht3x.jpg

5x1ohrX.jpg

iMRpMwz.jpg

g4LCYPm.jpg

The finish is not as white as i though it was going to be. More like tight 80s stone washed denim pants kind of a finish.

Really digging it so far. Im an Ibby guy so the neck is a departure. More of a flat "D" than an Ibanez "C" if that makes sense. It is thin but a little bit wider. Pretty comfy though.
The hipshot is great, very comfortable to rest your hand on.

The pickups are a pleasant surprise. The bridge is is really REALLY different from the the crunch lab in my RG. Its not as boomy and the high end is not as screechy. The neck pickup is sounds good so far but i haven't messed with it too much. Same for the coil tap but it sounds usable. Forgive as I suck at describing voicing for these things.

I find that all these components plus the extra bit of scale length lend to a very clear and articulate guitar. Single notes sing and last longer than Sting's tantric sex. Chords are sound good but not uber punchy but again this lends to a more articulate sound.

As for a name... Well my granddad who died a little while back had a load of grandkids. He knew all our names but either to keep things simple or for his own twisted amusement he called us all George. Granddaughters included.
So if bond with this guitar (i don't name them until i go through guitar pon farr, I'm sure you can relate) it will be called George.

Thanks for checking this out!

Peace and Love,
ImNotAhab

PS, If you dont give a toss then enjoy this picture of Chris Pratt
3Cf1yqg.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Dat view tho.

Welcome aboard! Good to see that Schecter has really cleaned up the routing issues since the first ones hit. After googling "pon farr" I'm not really clear whether you are going to play it for seven years or have sex with it, but I think it should stand up to either.

gigawhat

All 6s and 7s
Reaction score
Nice dude! Glad you finally got it! It was a long, hard (lawls) wait for me too, though not quite that long. :lol: Worth the wait though, no? I like your description of the color, pretty spot on. HNGD!

RustInPeace

Reaction score
9.3/10 would tap

HNGD!!

I was supposed to pick mine up last week, but has been delayed till next month.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
Still find it crazy how much this model is selling (I've got one too haha). I predict that it will be around for a long time, and I'm ok with that. I'm sure you will have zero problem bonding with it, when I had to send mine back to replace defective pickups a day after I bought it they said they could ship me a new one, and I told them that I wanted that specific one back haha.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Still find it crazy how much this model is selling (I've got one too haha). I predict that it will be around for a long time, and I'm ok with that. I'm sure you will have zero problem bonding with it, when I had to send mine back to replace defective pickups a day after I bought it they said they could ship me a new one, and I told them that I wanted that specific one back haha.

Ha, that is awesome! Yeah i find it takes a bit of time to bond, i just need to play it more!

Something else i forgot to mention was how bloody good the set up was. Best from the factory set up i have ever got! Not going to mess with it for sure!

Reaction score
Really nice! I am thinking of picking one of these up (in lefty) when I move back to Vancouver next month. Since I am a bit of a noob in this scene I'm just wondering where you ordered yours from, how long the wait was and how much you paid?

Enjoy the axe :shred::shred:

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Congrats! Kind of wish I'd held off and found a white one, but my black one plays and sounds all the same. Great guitars. By far the most comfortable and best sounding (to me) 7 I have ever had.:hbang::shred:

SonicBlur

Reaction score
Congrats! Kind of wish I'd held off and found a white one, but my black one plays and sounds all the same. Great guitars. By far the most comfortable and best sounding (to me) 7 I have ever had.:hbang::shred:

I am literally in the same boat, I was originally wanting the White KM but they were sold out everywhere, a Black one popped up in the classifieds here and my thin patience wore out and I broke down, LOL!!

I still wish I got the white one...maybe someone might want to trade, LMAO!

revlover

Reaction score
Nice axe! I'm a bit confused about your statement about the neck shape
"More of a flat "D" than an Ibanez "C" if that makes sense. It is thin but a little bit wider."
Generally an Ibby neck is referred to as a flat D. Is this neck really flatter than that of an Ibby?

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Nice axe! I'm a bit confused about your statement about the neck shape
"More of a flat "D" than an Ibanez "C" if that makes sense. It is thin but a little bit wider."
Generally an Ibby neck is referred to as a flat D. Is this neck really flatter than that of an Ibby?

Yeah you are right in a general context for sure. I suppose another way of saying what i meant would be its like a "D" verses a much flatter "D" on the KM7. Like imagine a very compressed "D".

Does that make sense!?

Really nice! I am thinking of picking one of these up (in lefty) when I move back to Vancouver next month. Since I am a bit of a noob in this scene I'm just wondering where you ordered yours from, how long the wait was and how much you paid?

Enjoy the axe :shred::shred:

I ordered mine through Tom Lee, a big local music store. They are an authorised Schecter dealer so you have some support if there are issues. This was good to know since some of the first run KMs had a few issues and i would have someone to help in a face to face fashion (which i prefer).
They are pretty nice dudes in there, and the main guy Ed is a very decent fellow. He was a good sport about my constant moaning over the delays with this thing.
I paid like 1200cad i believe.

PS Welcome back to Van City!

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
If there is one Schecter that would make me jump ship from Ibby, it would be a KM-7 in white. Outstanding list of features and finish all around. Christ, I mean, body binding, great stock pups, Hipshot, offset inlays on an ebony board, matching headstock....:agreed:

Enjoy!

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
If there is one Schecter that would make me jump ship from Ibby, it would be a KM-7 in white. Outstanding list of features and finish all around. Christ, I mean, body binding, great stock pups, Hipshot, offset inlays on an ebony board, matching headstock....:agreed:

Enjoy!

Yeah i love Ibanez too, they work great for my tiny hand! But you could argue that they can be conservative in some respects and i had an urge to try something new (hard tail, SS frets etc). The KM to me is its own beast. Its definitely not an Ibanez in feel but that is not a bad thing in this case!

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
The electric guitar landscape is massively different than just a few years ago. 7 string pickups from all manufacturers in passive routes, hipshot bridges available even on more affordable models...

Korean guitars have always been some of the best bang for your buck imo but this just takes it to a new level. Insanely good looking, some of my favorite pickups, one of the greatest bridges and some good looking woods all for a great price. No one can go wrong with this thing, and I'm so happy to see other companies doing the same as well.

Seriously, HNGD.

chris9

Reaction score
Happy NGD it looks awesome!!!!

')