NGD times two - Suhr

• Thread starter Lepinkäinen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which is you favorite out of these?

• Modern

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Classic S Antique Roasted

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

Lepinkäinen

Reaction score
IMG_20190110_143006_831-1728x2160.jpg IMG_20190202_093555-1728x2304.jpg

It all started when I just wanted a good strat. I tested what was locally available, and Suhr came on top. However, I noticed the limited edition roasted antique series. Rosewood and cites were a pain and delivery took ages to european dealer.

However when I finally got the S I was blown away. I thought I always had had exellent guitars, but this was something special. So, I quickly sold Prs Custom 24 and Strandberg os8 to finance a modern.

I wanted a roasted neck, and new models were hard to find in Europe, but managed to find a dealer with incoming shipment of my favorite color. Now modern is here, too. Arrived a month ahead of estimated delivery. Could not be happier with these.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Congrats! Those are beautiful guitars. I have a Classic S and a Modern myself. Enjoy them!

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Awesome guitars and congratz on scoring those! My fave is the modern
because of that killer top but I'd be more than happy with the Classic as well!

AirForbes1

Reaction score
So nice. Both of them. I voted for the modern because I want one really badly and whenever anyone gets one I'm super jelly. Congrats!

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful, the pair of them, what a great balance! If you were to post one to me, I would like the strat ;)

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Two amazing guitars right there, HNGD!!

My next strat will probably be sonic blue, and my Modern Guthrie is my no1 guitar, you won't be dissapointed

Musiscience

Reaction score
Suhr are always something special. Something about their build quality is really unlike anything else that I have played. Really regret selling the 2 I had.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
Congratulations! Getting a nice Suhr is definitely on my to-do list hopefully before a major price jump. Would love to get a Standard Plus. Moderns were nice but maybe I just didn't spend enough time to appreciate their neck profile especially the 12+ fret region

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Awesome dual NGD. Recently played a Modern and it honestly felt like it was the superstrat every other company wanted to make put into reality, super amazing feeling guitars.

Lepinkäinen

Reaction score
It's fun to see that the vote is very even. I have no favorite, they are both perfect for different things. Neck profiles are also different, but what I really love is the Suhr's silk smooth satin feel on roasted maple.

But if I had to pick just one, it would be the Modern. Just because it's the most versatile guitar I have ever had. Digging the HSH setup and the pickups.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
The modern is sick but the classic is eternal.

')