NGD - Tough-ass Flying V (post your own too)

• Thread starter goldsteinat0r
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goldsteinat0r

Zib Zob Zabbity
Reaction score
Half NGD thread, half PicThread. I've actually had this for about a month and a half, but I just got it back with the EMGs (85 Bridge, 81 Neck) in it and its finally where I want it to be. Sounds pissed as hell, and it looks...well....

goldsteinat0r-albums-goldsteinat0rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-picture10038-20151230-101728.jpg

goldsteinat0r-albums-goldsteinat0rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-picture10039-img-20151230-014939.jpg

goldsteinat0r-albums-goldsteinat0rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-picture10040-img-20151230-015002.jpg

To top it off its tuned to B and I play doom on it in my band. :hbang:

Post up your V if you have one!

PS How do I rotate pictures? The files on my computer are the right orientation but they upload the wrong way?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Picture3096.jpg

Used to own this. Had a Bareknuckle Warpig in the bridge. Huge sounding guitar but unfortunately I could never get the Low E to intonate and I see it as a stage guitar, so since I wasn't in a band at the time I sold it. I do miss it sometimes.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
2f0d6xj.jpg

It's stripped down and harshly painted. I plan on sanding it and painting it flat white so a friend of mine that loves surrealism can paint it.

Version_6

Capa Banger
Reaction score
Whats up with the Caparison in the background?

Haha, yeah. Surprisingly it's my favourite guitar. There's something magic about it. The previous owner toured the ever loving crap out of it and during the years (it's a 96 model) the headstock was damaged on stage. Didn't hit any of the vital bits. The guitar was refinished a yellowish cream a while before that so he just sanded down th broken splinters and the fascia of it making it what it is today. I'm rebuilding the headstock tip this coming year and giving it a complete refin and new logo set. Really REALLY tempted to go a seafoam green with white or pearloid binding. This is it here with its twin, another 96 TAT-II red sunset in much shinier condition.

CountFrisky

Formerly Jveeman45
Reaction score
Sick Gibson V!! Well done, I bet that guitar screams.
Gold tuners would look great too!

And props for all the Flying V's in this thread, I love this stuff...
Here are my two guitars!

qBGuVjO.jpg

l7fKCg8.jpg

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Sick Gibson V!! Well done, I bet that guitar screams.
Gold tuners would look great too!

And props for all the Flying V's in this thread, I love this stuff...
Here are my two guitars!

qBGuVjO.jpg

l7fKCg8.jpg

That Hex is so awesome. Custom shop, right?

Shask

Reaction score
Picture3096.jpg

Used to own this. Had a Bareknuckle Warpig in the bridge. Huge sounding guitar but unfortunately I could never get the Low E to intonate and I see it as a stage guitar, so since I wasn't in a band at the time I sold it. I do miss it sometimes.

I have one like this!

I dont have any recent pics though. Mine is stock, except I just put locking tuners on it last week!

CountFrisky

Formerly Jveeman45
Reaction score
That ESP Hex is a standard series. DrumCityGuitarLand commissioned 3 of them 4 years ago. It's one of those 3. Thanks!:hbang:

exo

Reaction score
My only V has seen better days, and currently not in playing condition, but the price was right ($50) It's a cheapo Lotus from the mid 90's that acquired a Carvin pickup somewhere along the way. I have no pics, but the first image that pops up when googling "Lotus Flying V" is more than accurate.....

')