NGD: Ugly Ibanez SA

• Thread starter rekab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the horns on it all cut up/jagged?

It would be really cool if you or someone was able to either carve them to look like the old style sabers or carve in the cutaways that are on the new RGA series (also on some ESP/LTDs I guess?) It looks like someone already started that for you, haha.

Eyes are playing tricks. The horns are smooth and look just like they should. I see what you mean though, where it's darker there is that squared off area of dark wood that makes it look crazy, but I assure you it's round.

I'm thinking it'll likely get a coat of tung oil and then leave it alone, but we'll see.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
Accidentally may have spilled some paint on it...

a973301b.jpg

I'll follow up later with a new paint thread as its not done and this is the only shot I've taken so far.

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
holy sh...

what pup is that in the bridge? That looks like straight up magnet bars lined up.

Did you make that DIY yourself?

rekab

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!

White switch tip actually is on it at the moment lol. I need to buy a few more things to complete it.

Bridge pickup = Lace Deathbucker - I haven't been able to do much playing it yet so I dont have much of an opinion on it just yet but seems great for the 2 seconds I plugged it in

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Dude, don't you dare paint it! That thing has character.

A girl with a slightly crooked smile has character, a girl with no teeth and a single breast however, is a completely different ball game.

I'd say you should do something, maybe even out the colour.

HNGD though, and an S-series lover, the SA's have time and time again peeked my interest.

EDIT;Should have read the whole thread, awesome re-colour!

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
Hahaha great color choice. I was about to say you should do it a bright orange or green. Clearly you have done the right thing lol. Looks awesome dude!

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
In all honesty I thought it looked great before.

And then I kept reading and thought, "Man I do not care for yellow guitars .."

And then, while looking closely at the bridge, I saw you had put green strings on the it, and I thought, "Oh, well that's cool then.."

More pics please.

rekab

Reaction score
In all honesty I thought it looked great before.

And then I kept reading and thought, "Man I do not care for yellow guitars .."

And then, while looking closely at the bridge, I saw you had put green strings on the it, and I thought, "Oh, well that's cool then.."

More pics please.

I'll get more pictures once it's finished. Those green DR strings I thought looked so stupid I had to try them. They are sticky and terrible for the most part. This guitar is 100% playable and plays nicely but it will mainly be on display on my wall so I did crazy bright colors..

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Im gonna be that arsehole... I liked it better the way it was. Had some serious character

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it looks good now to. I'm in no way trying to detract from the job he's done.

But IF that were mine it would have received a satin clear ;)

')