NGD - UV7 Silver dot

• Thread starter ibanezfreak777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I finally got my UV7 Silver Dot... Its my first signiture series Ibanez, and im bloody happy with it.. Its in near mint condition and the Edge trem is dead mint... Have strung her up yet, but I couldn't wait to take some shots...

Only a few minor dings and scratches...... She is awesome, and the last of the square heel 7's if im correct.

I have actually never played a 7 string, so im excited to get started... Id love to use this in my band but we are currently tuned to dropped c in 6 string, so im wondering how I can deal with that...

anyhoot on to the photos

702efeca.jpg

0e800ec2.jpg

380ff2f0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joelan

Ukulele Shredder
Reaction score
Congrats, very nice guitar!

If you play in drop C you could try an extra high G. I plan on trying the exact same when I reacquire a guitar with the correct number of strings :yesway:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
thats awesome! its the exact same guitar as the green dot just different colors ;)

Atomshipped

Reaction score
Sweet guitar! I'd add a low or high G. The high G could give you more to solo with; the low G could be used to expand a power chord (GCGC?) or make some other massive chords and I think that would definitely be useful if you have another guitarist. Well actually I'm not sure but I would take advantage of it :D

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
I want a UV so bad.

This is not helping.

Happy NGD man.

exordium

Reaction score
Looks really great, just clean her up, some fresh new strings and you can post some pics/videos. :)
Happy NGD!

Reaction score
sexy dude! ive always wanted a silver dot!

and for the tuning, you could get a tremol-no (or just block it. your choice), tune to ADGCFAD and lock the trem when your with the band so that you can bring that D down to a C

woohoo!!!

666th post! :mf666:

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
you need some really heavy strings to tune to G in my opinion. I tune to Ab and I use an Ernie Ball bariton set (13-72) and a single 10 for the high Eb. works great. G will be even floppier than my Ab when I had a 56 on the 7th string. just something to think about.

')