NGD Very late but still Ibanez Prestige 1527 With custom body

Musiscience

Reaction score
All these years and somehow I've never heard the term Velvetouch.

That’s how they market the finish on their J. Custom for some reason (see pic below). I had a few prestige RGs and RGD and always loved the satin finish on those. Always wondered what was so different on the J Custom finish that they would call them “Velvetouch”. From what you are saying, it’s just marketing and nothing else.

Attachments

• 13E915F2-CD8A-4B64-91F7-9320F7ADF0B5.jpeg
    13E915F2-CD8A-4B64-91F7-9320F7ADF0B5.jpeg
    883.1 KB · Views: 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
That’s how they market the finish on their J. Custom for some reason (see pic below). I had a few prestige RGs and RGD and always loved the satin finish on those. Always wondered what was so different on the J Custom finish that they would call them “Velvetouch”. From what you are saying, it’s just marketing and nothing else.
Yeah pretty sure it's just marketing. I've never noticed a difference on the satin feel between the J-customs I've owened and say the rg2027xvv's I use to own. Also had an early 2000's 8527 and it was about the same. It's so easy to make a needl feel satin or smooth though, I don't see it as a factor in buying a neck at all if it's glossed because I'll just make that how I want if it bothers me.

AlexMg

Ibanez Maniac
Reaction score
i spent 700 $ on it after bothering the previous owner/luthier that had it for an entire year :D :D
best purchase i have ever made. Looking for a good guitar for studio and live ? just get a used prestige.

Latest posts

')