NGD!! ViK Fanned Fret 7 Caprice (insane woods)

• Thread starter drmosh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J0NNYBRAV0

Reaction score
Not quite semi hollow, chambered means (it's in the name) that there are a bunch of chambers in the body :)
It does sounds similar to a hollowbody, but not quite as extreme. It's a more open, airy sound for lack of better words

Ya, I get what you mean and I can definitely hear it. I've always wanted a guitar with that type of sounds. Now I guess I know what I need. A chambered guitar!

I'd love to see/hear more clips of your guitar, and maybe a video of your thoughts and a type of walkthrough of it. I'll be getting a fanned 7 from Vic soon as well and am always looking for more info on it.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
Fucking gorgeous guitar. Sounds amazing too. Maybe I missed it in the thread, but how much did this cost? I'm considering buying a quality 7 string by the year end, this one would definitely be an option if I could get my hands on one. Killer chops btw.

pylyo

Reaction score
Use search, mate. There's been alot going on about these guitars lately.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
I don't think I would be able to play that guitar. It's so beautiful I'd be afraid that it would get scratched if I ever took it out of the case.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever be able to properly articulate how gorgeous that guitar is. It looks stunning and sounds just as mad. Seriously jealous of your newest piece of gear, may it serve you well for many years. :D

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Love the expressions:metal:! It adds character to your playing. The tone is addicting to listen too for sure, and the chambered body does add a lot of openness in a good way. I'm seriously considering a similar spec'd guitar from Vik. This one is amazing, but I don't know your other build might top it!

j_m_s

Reaction score
wow, that's some great wood there! Love those pickups. very nice!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, this has popped up again :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Much appreciated, here's a bunch of songs I recorded with the guitar in varying (heavy) styles. the top 3 are recorded with the vik.

>>> http://soundcloud.com/drmosh <<<

Mr Richard

Reaction score
Dat NECK! Oh man, oh man dat neck. Also I really dig the headstock shape.

I'm at work so I can't check the videos to hear the tone but that is a axe to die for. Congrats man.

Fraz

Reaction score
That's one incredible guitar!.... If it were mine i'm not sure i would be able to stop looking at it, let alone stop playing it!
Congrats man! :yesway:

')