NGD - Waghorn Deity 7

• Thread starter Myk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Myk

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to share my new guitar with you. It's made by Waghorn from Bristol, UK, one of the lesser known luthiers but with a pretty strong pedigree (Dylan from Daemoness cut his teeth working there). Phenomenal customer service, they paid attention to every request I made even if some were a little bizarre.
Body shape is based on the ESP SV/Jackson RR, Gloss front of body and headstock, satin everything else, with a heavily reworked neckjoint/cutway.

25.5" scale length, body is mahogany with a plain maple cap, neck is maple/wenge/flame maple 5 piece with an ebony board, Gotoh tuners, Original Floyd rose, single Hipshot volume knob with push/pull coil tap and the pickups are the new Nazgul/Sentient combo which in my opinion sound fantastic. Will make a demo video within the next couple of months!

The attention to detail is fantastic, from the overall quality of the finish and inlay down to tiny things like a layer of felt under the floyd rose to prevent denting the wood, and heavy duty foam glued under the strings to prevent unwanted noise.

I've got it tuned to Bb at the moment and before it was finished I was worried about tuning/clarity issues, but I can assure you there're none whatsoever.

I'll be using this in my band Nexus Inferis and it'll most likely be featured heavily on the next album.
I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking:

Attachments

• 198.jpg
    198.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 322

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheFashel12

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
Reaction score
I've been watching the progress of this build on Waghorn's facebook page for a while ! Turned out phenomenal :hbang:

And dat neck heel :yum:

HNGD

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
Every now and then I see a V-shaped guitar that blows me away. This is by far one of the nicer V's that I've ever seen and I don't even like V-shaped guitars. Happy NGD dude. Your guitar is ....ing killer. :bowdown:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I can't express how happy it makes me to see someone get a full custom and NOT put a figured top on it. HNGD.

mulgreaux

Daemoness Guitars
Reaction score
....ing amazing. I saw this in progress at Tom's workshop a while back- glad to see it came out looking immense. That neck joint is awesome. Happy New Guitar Day.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Nice one - you made all the corrections I would make!

I can't express how happy it makes me to see someone get a full custom and NOT put a figured top on it.

Figured wood on Vs? That's sacrilege!

77zark77

Reaction score
I'd love to have a kind of RR7 ! :shred:

Yours is beautiful, congratulations ! :yesway:

Vinchester

Reaction score
That's a V to die for! Usually the 7 string Vs I see look a bit weird to me but this looks very balanced and beautiful!

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
for the glory of 7-string Vs with a trem, HNGD !

')