Let's just do pics first shall we?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I've been wanting a baritone for quite a while but what was on the market didn't really grab my attention, espescially as I'm a sucker for Fender style guitars in terms of playability.
Fender did do some baritone guitars in the past and they currently have a Squier but I wanted something that seemed right and modding would need to get really extensive before I got there, so I decided to do a Warmoth build.
I basically wanted a pissed off baritone guitar with classy yet modern Fender looks and playability, and yesterday it was finally finished!

Specs:
'Jazzcaster' / 'Offset Telecaster' body shape
Alder Body, Matte Apricot Flake Finish
28,5 inch scale roasted maple Telecaster neck.
Stainless steel frets.
Fender Locking Tuners
Bare Knuckle Pickups - Black Dog Set, coil split with the tone knob
Gotoh Humbucker Telecaster Bridge
Parchment Pickguard.
Currently set-up in Drop A, with a 13-72 Ernie Ball Baritone Slinky Set.

I only had about an hour to really play with it so far, but first impressions are good.
In terms of playability it feels very comfy and familiar due to all the 'Fender-ish' specs, the neck length and the thicker strings is something to get used to but it's not something I'm worried about.
Soundwise I got a great impression but I was mostly playing with patches that I made for my Tele, so I'm sure I can get better results, it resonates like crazy too.
As for looks, I love the finish.
It's really unique and the way it interacts with light is great, it's truly matte but under the right light the flakes really start to shine.
It feels kind of restrained this way and doesn't make it too gaudy.
For the pickguard I also wen't for 'parchment' instead of white, in my opinion fully white pickguards often make a guitar look cheap, this slightly different shade just averts that.
For the accents I really wen't for 'black on chrome' which I really like, and as it's also on my Tele and my bass it really fits in with the rest of the family.

In terms of costs, the parts where €1530/$1730, including import taxes/shipping.
As that was already quite the amount of money, and me having 0 experience of working with guitars, I decided it would be better to let a pro take care of assembly and setting everything up.
For that I wen't to Guitar Chop Shop in The Hague, NL, that cost me another €250 but was completely worth it.
They did a killer job and were also very excited about the build and putting it together right.
Grand total:
€1780/$2020

For me it's by far the most money I've put into a guitar, 800 being the most previously, but this is something I really wanted as I could not get used to a lot of extended range guitars on the market.
But I can definitely say I think it's worth every penny, together with the Telecaster I have it's really all the guitars I need as they are both perfectly fit for my styles of music and playing.
Ok, yea, I MIGHT consider a Strat shape with H-S Tele configuration down the line for Drop C, but let's enjoy this for the coming years first, shall we? :lol:

Clips? They will come, eventually! I just got it yesterday and I really need some time with it first, but I'll make sure to record a nice demo with it.

And last but definitely not least, the all so important family photo :D
8.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Dude that roast with that matte apricot flake... ridiculous. The offset tele shape only further knocks it out of the park. Absolutely stunning.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That rules dude. Be proud of your creation! :yesway:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That's so awesome! And that's coming from someone who only likes super strats.

Bearitone

Reaction score
That thing looks classy af!
Congrats!

Upgrayedd

Reaction score
Very classy build, congratulations! That tele is beautiful too, great taste sir, enjoy!

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy string tension :lol: I'd be playing G or F# standard with that string set, dang, but I suppose if you're not doing much string bending it would be fine
I must say, I've grown really fond of the Jazzmaster shape in recent times, but I just don't like the Jazzmaster tremolo bridge.
The Gotoh fixed bridge and 24 frets combo just look totally badass!
BTW, is that neck heel tapered off slightly towards the 'treble' string side? Hard to tell from the pic

Strobe

Reaction score
I am not usually a big offset guy, but it just works with that color scheme. Nice guitar, good sir! Not as fancy, but I have an agile baritone with that scale, and everything sounds awesome on it - the long scale gives this deep timbre to the sound that you just cannot get downtuning. Enjoy it in good health!

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Apricot Flake is one of my favorite finishes! It's like Fender put Arizona flake on top of their Copper. I'm more of a gloss guy myself but wow is that a beautiful colour.

Latest posts

')