NGD (Warning: Dean Headstock inside)

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
oulpgykpkk2uev0fbgk0.jpg

I think a custom paint job is in order

NNIk0S2.jpg

In all seriousness tho....I think the explorer style pickguard looks awesome on the none trem ML....thoughts?

The actual Explorer pickgaurds look fine but Dean's take on it looks too bulky to me. This guitar is ugly..but the pickgaurd looks better than Dean's
114731__$_12.JPG

Oh..and random shitty family shot just because I happened to have them over there so I took a random pic without bothering to make them look nice

241566011_4176206019173610_5486110964141789623_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
If only the headstock could be bigger. HNGD, nothing more classy than black ‘n white. Looks good here.
Funny thing is this is the smaller headstock. I recently learned that the headstock went through 3 iterations. Series one is the biggest, series two is shorter but almost as wide, series 3 is the smallest, and then there's the shrimp fork which just looks stupid as fuck to me. I wanna say my Modifiers have the series 3 but the ML headstock is a bit shorter yet wider. I can't really call it a 2 or 3. Maybe there's a 4th and I just don't know. They don't really tell you on Dean's website so it's hard to tell.

I'm not really knowledgeable about all of that. TBH I don't give a shit about Dean for the most part but they're the only company that makes the guitars I like so I'm stuck with them. I didn't really bother learning this history and whatnot.
upload_2021-9-16_1-50-5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That shrimp fork headstock is pretty goofy! What it is about Dean @DrakkarTyrannis that you prefer?
Dean makes the ML so I'm stuck with them. IDC about the company honestly. If I had to pick a company I'd go with ESP in a heartbeat but obviously that's not an option.

I like the ML shape because I've always been partial to Vs and I like big guitars. I'm a big person so small guitars look and feel weird to me. I also like having a guitar I can easily identify if it's in a room of other guitarists guitars. Most people don't use MLs so it's easy to spot mine.

Now I just need ESP Japan to make an ML "signature" guitar for me and I'd be set

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
The actual Explorer pickgaurds look fine but Dean's take on it looks too bulky to me. This guitar is ugly..but the pickgaurd looks better than Dean's
114731__$_12.JPG

Oh..and random shitty family shot just because I happened to have them over there so I took a random pic without bothering to make them look nice

241566011_4176206019173610_5486110964141789623_n.jpg
Why are your guitars at the strip club?

soliloquy

Reaction score
Funny thing is this is the smaller headstock. I recently learned that the headstock went through 3 iterations. Series one is the biggest, series two is shorter but almost as wide, series 3 is the smallest, and then there's the shrimp fork which just looks stupid as fuck to me. I wanna say my Modifiers have the series 3 but the ML headstock is a bit shorter yet wider. I can't really call it a 2 or 3. Maybe there's a 4th and I just don't know. They don't really tell you on Dean's website so it's hard to tell.

I'm not really knowledgeable about all of that. TBH I don't give a shit about Dean for the most part but they're the only company that makes the guitars I like so I'm stuck with them. I didn't really bother learning this history and whatnot.
View attachment 97717

They have a few others too.
The Kerry King one they just posted above.
The deceiver headstock
The soltero and icon headstock
The vmnt headstock
The thoroughbred headstock (think it's the same as their acoustic headstock?)

Think there are a few others they have?

Reaction score
They have a few others too.
The Kerry King one they just posted above.
The deceiver headstock
The soltero and icon headstock
The vmnt headstock
The thoroughbred headstock (think it's the same as their acoustic headstock?)

Think there are a few others they have?
Yeah there are a few others. I just meant in terms of the V headstock. Personally I like the V shape more than anything they have. I'm in the super minority who actually prefers the V headstock

soliloquy

Reaction score
Yeah there are a few others. I just meant in terms of the V headstock. Personally I like the V shape more than anything they have. I'm in the super minority who actually prefers the V headstock

Yeah, I don't mind the v headstock either.
Though I do have a super soft spot for anything Dean related that isn't a sig guitar.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Congrats! The select serie is hella nice. I'm also in the minority who likes the Dean headstock.

How's the neck?

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congratulations! I might be in the minority here, but I think that's the nicest-looking ML I've ever seen :)

I don't mind the headstock either, tbh. I used to have a Cadillac: great-looking guitar, played nicely, weighed about as much as the moon though.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A modifier just popped up in a Facebook group I'm in, the Axe Exchange, in red for $1k if you'd need a backup.

Reaction score
Congrats! The select serie is hella nice. I'm also in the minority who likes the Dean headstock.

How's the neck?
Can't complain. I really like it. It didn't make as much of a difference from the C shaped necks of the Modifier as I thought it would. V necks were always THE thing I thought would be a game changer but eh..not so much. Either way I dig it though

')