NGD (Warning: Dean Headstock inside)

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
241781950_245834260773609_4405323408652886022_n.jpg

So I got one of these bitches. I wanted a guitar for live shows since I don't want my Modifiers getting stolen or fucked up since I can't replace them.

241768997_569716660846007_2798018539713114608_n.jpg

The multi-ply white binding and black body looks a little more traditional so I decided to swap the knobs for the Gibson reflector knobs you'd find on a Les Paul. I also added a white switch tip which I ended up liking a lot. I'm considering adding the selector switch "rhythm/treble" plate. Kinda broke the traditional thing by adding industrial tuner knobs and locking tuners but ah well. It's what I like.

The neck pickup (SD Alnico Pro II) is too under gained and kinda boring. It'd be great for other styles of music but not my thing. I don't use neck pickups anyways so meh. The bridge pickup (SD Custom) is great. It's a tad bassy but I dig it.

I thought the short scale might take some getting used to and to be honest I wasn't all that nuts about the regular ML since I preferred the contours of the Modifier but I figured it's a live guitar and wouldn't matter all that much. This ended up being great and I'm just now finding out that short scale MLs suit me better. The size queen in me wants the longer scale but the short scale fits right.

Anyways. I recommend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I don't see anything...I was warned there was a headstock inside...but I ignored the warning and waded in anyway...but I see no pics

Reaction score
I don't see anything...I was warned there was a headstock inside...but I ignored the warning and waded in anyway...but I see no pics
For some reason the original post got rid of them. Also told me I couldn't say "p0ker chip" for some reason.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Cool. Now I see it. I love black with white binding and black/white zebra pups....such a cool combo. HNGD!!!

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HNGD. MLs ain't really my thing, but that combo looks pretty great.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Only Dean i'd even consider playing. Sick.

Reaction score
How’s the fit & finish on this newer import?
I've been checking it out a lot and I have no complaints. Binding looks good, finish looks good. This was a used guitar and those can be a gamble but it was in damn near perfect condition. The only thing are the pick scratches but there aren't a lot. The weird thing is the back being brown when the front is black. It just seems like an odd choice but these guitars seem to be going for a more classic and less modern vibe

The headstock on these are shorter and wider than the ones on my Modifiers. I prefer the longer narrower ones but it's not a huge deal. Just figured I'd mention it.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
oulpgykpkk2uev0fbgk0.jpg

I think a custom paint job is in order

NNIk0S2.jpg

In all seriousness tho....I think the explorer style pickguard looks awesome on the none trem ML....thoughts?

')