NGD warning SAD content EBMM JP12

ihunda

Reaction score
Ah, my birthday is tomorrow so I got myself a nice little JP12 from Prymaxe, got a 400$ discount on it too!

I opened the box yesterday like a kid on christmas day, gorgeous cherry color with metallic flakes, amazing finish and looks ... but I quickly saw the tremolo bar and case keys unprotected and unstowed inside the case.

Quickly took the guitar out of case and looked for damage, didn't see any to start with but after a few seconds... there it was, damage to the headstock and tiny scratches on the body..

headstock.jpg

body.jpg

I played with it since it's still a JP12 and damn that guitar felt slick, fast and very comfortable to play. It needed a real setup as the tremolo wasn't level and their was some buzzing but I felt at home (I have a JPXI-7).

I wondered the entire night wether do send it back or live with it. I rarely buy guitars new, I tend to prefer used so I wanted this one to be mint.

Finally I decided to return it to prymaxe so that's the end of that NGD :( :( :(

The guys at prymaxe where helpful and where OK with the return, shared my sadness so that's a plus for them although the guy who packed it should feel bad about himself!

Better luck next time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eventuate

Reaction score
Aww dude I'm so sorry. I would be so bummed if I saw that had happened if I opened the case of a new guitar. Are they sending you another one or what?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
It pisses me off so bad when awesome guitars get damaged bc people can't take 5 minutes to pack them properly. I would definitely return it and get another one. I hope you made them pay return shipping.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
:( It is amazing that people don't understand some of the basic rules of shipping, like making sure there are no loose items that can act as projectiles and if the case is not fitted, immobilizing the guitar so it won't slide around.

blanco

Reaction score
That sucks massively, i'd keep your eyes open for another one though seeing as you got your money back.
Some companies seriously need to train their staff on packing. It's common sense generally but if item turns up damaged cause of incompetence it's generally annoying.

Papaoneil

Reaction score
Damn, I hate to see great guitars get gutted due to stupidity.
I'll be sad with you

ihunda

Reaction score
Damn, I hate to see great guitars get gutted due to stupidity.
I'll be sad with you

That sucks massively, i'd keep your eyes open for another one though seeing as you got your money back.
Some companies seriously need to train their staff on packing. It's common sense generally but if item turns up damaged cause of incompetence it's generally annoying.

:( It is amazing that people don't understand some of the basic rules of shipping, like making sure there are no loose items that can act as projectiles and if the case is not fitted, immobilizing the guitar so it won't slide around.

Yeah, that's incredibly frustrating, this should never happen...

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
They don't have any left, that'll be a refund..

Really sorry to hear this :(

This is the worst part of situations like this, it's not like it's a bog standard RG350 or similar where they run hundreds of them off the assembly line every year, this is a high-end, low-production guitar where in effect "every one counts".

Hope that you have a good birthday and find somethign equally cool to treat yourself to :)

infernalservice

Reaction score
That is a total bummer. I have been on both ends of damaged guitar shipping, neither were my fault but both situations suck. It's especially lame considering the jp case encourages you to leave the bar on the guitar. That with some bubble wrap taped around the keys, and you would of had a joyous NGD.

Latest posts

')