NGD, What model is this?

• Thread starter thekingmaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thekingmaker

Reaction score
Got this in a trade, I love it a lot. But I think I'm going to sell it, I can't really afford gas anymore. :(

But I have no idea what model it is, i've been told it's an S520FM, but I don't think that's even a real thing...
Help me out!

ek5lld.jpg

j9am8l.jpg

174imt.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It's not an 'S520FM' since the FM on the end of model names generally means flamed maple, of which I see none.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
That LOOKS like a Prestige model I was recently GAS'ing over, but no prestige logo on the headstock. :scratch:

The inlays say SAS32EX, but the body says S5470, or SV5470A prestige.

I dunno wtf is going on o_o

EDIT:

Actually Idfk what the inlays say. I'm not seeing them elsewhere.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
The OP already told you it's a S520WNF. i'd imagine worth around $3-400?

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Its a s520 in the color walnut flat, as said before. Its made in japan.

Edit: Ninja'd, also I think that figure of 3-400 is pretty fair, since the korean ones of the same name sell for around that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like an S520-something to me...

Yep. The two pickups are a dead giveaway to a "x2x" series Saber.

It's not an 'S520FM' since the FM on the end of model names generally means flamed maple, of which I see none.

Correct, the "FM" on Ibbys means a Flamed Maple top or veneer. It refers to finish more often than construction.

520FR then maybe? Floyd Rose? maybe? i suck

Floyd Rose? This is Ibanez, they don't need no stink'n Floyd Rose. :lol:

That sir is an Original Edge trem, one of the best. Made by Gotoh and very solid.

alright, I found out its an S520WNF. Still can't find anything about it's value.

That model sounds about right. The inlays and pickups certainly back that up. I'd put the value somewhere around $400. These weren't exactly the most sought after old Sabers.

That LOOKS like a Prestige model I was recently GAS'ing over, but no prestige logo on the headstock. :scratch:

The inlays say SAS32EX, but the body says S5470, or SV5470A prestige.

I dunno wtf is going on o_o

EDIT:

Actually Idfk what the inlays say. I'm not seeing them elsewhere.

Back in the day, most Ibanez guitars were made in Japan. As such there was no need to brand certain ones as Standard or Prestige. I assume you're thinking of the later S1520 Prestige, which was the Lo-Pro Edge Equipped (and later ZR equipped) version of this guitar.

The "Wave" inlays have been used on Sabers since around 00' and 01'. They've breifly appeared on the SA, but only for one or two limited models.

Not sure where you're getting the S5470 or SV5470 from as they both have the H-S-H pickup layout. :scratch:

Paging Dr. Max...

I'm here, but too late it seems. :lol:

The OP already told you it's a S520WNF. i'd imagine worth around $3-400?

It's got an Original Edge, so I'm going to lean more towards the $400 side depending on condition. If it had a Lo-Pro or Dots it'd fluctuate a little more. If it had Ovals with a "Custom Made" inlay it'd be closer to $500.

Latest posts

')