NGD: White Carvin DC800 (with video)

CMNDandCTRL

King Pin
Reaction score
My DC800 has arrived! This is my first 8 string, and also my first Carvin. I've had this guitar for 3 days now and I couldn't be more happy with it. The whole process was great, Carvin had awesome customer service, and the wait was pretty short (around 2 months). I'd definitely consider getting another Carvin to replace my 7 string! Really excited to see what this guitar inspires!

Specs:
5pc Maple/Walnut Neck
Maple Fretboard
Swamp Ash Wings
Plain Maple Top
Satin White Finish
Tung Oil finish on the back of the neck
Black Hardware
Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets

Check it. :hbang:
img2051cx.jpg

img2056yx.jpg

img2057hf.jpg

img2061zz.jpg

Dem Curves :yesway:
img2062rc.jpg

Dat grain.
img2058wc.jpg

img2063r.jpg

The engraving is a little inside joke with my band, haha.
Breaking Bad?
img2059at.jpg

Here's a quick little test clip I made with it last night!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JLocrian

Reaction score
That looks incredible bro! Wayyyyyyyyy better than an RG2228m! :bowdown:

I think this just convinced me to pull the trigger on ordering one of these.....Look what you've done :fawk:

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
What a fantastic instrument. HNGD man! Looks great. :D

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again...
White guitars with maple boards... :wub:

straightshreddd

Dat Dood
Reaction score
Dude.... huge. This inspires the question, is there anywhere one might buy a pickguard for a carvin?

Me :nlb:

I have a surf green finish on mine and I'm getting passive pickups with white bobbins and a white pick guard for a retro, strat vibe. Can't wait! :agreed:

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
don't take this the wrong way man. the carvin is great and i am stoked for you :yesway:,
but hook us up with a link to high a quality mp3 of that entire song in your test clip or let
us know when you finish your album. love how melodic it is.

CMNDandCTRL

King Pin
Reaction score
Dude.... huge. This inspires the question, is there anywhere one might buy a pickguard for a carvin?

I was actually thinking about that! A dark coloured pearl pickguard could look sick on satin white! The one LACS Tosin had with the red one is an example.

don't take this the wrong way man. the carvin is great and i am stoked for you :yesway:,
but hook us up with a link to high a quality mp3 of that entire song in your test clip or let
us know when you finish your album. love how melodic it is.

I'm really glad you dig it, it's so nice to read things like that thank you!
But as far as what I was playing in that clip, that's all I've really written for it, it's just something I wrote and quickly recorded the day of getting the guitar. You can check out my band though, I write most of the music. We have one song up right now and we're working on putting together a solid EP. I might finish that test clip idea into a full song and use it for our band cause it would fit pretty well.

Here's a play through of our first tune: :shred: