NGD x 2!!! Ibanez and Gibson content

• Thread starter MikeSap
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
Today was a great day in the mail! Recently I have been playing 6ers more often and was in need of a change of guit-box's. picked up these two beauts! Anyways, pics now talk words later!

null_zps541bc28b.jpg

null_zps5091a51f.jpg

null_zpsca37d4e2.jpg

null_zps7305e25d.jpg

Brandy new Ibanez RG3XXV! Really digging this guitar. Right out of the box it plays pretty well and sounds great due to the Dimarzio D-Activator bridge pickup and the Air Norton neck pickup. The neck profile is a bit rounder almost like a C profile. I dig it. The maple fingerboard really gives it a nice snap and balances well with the pickups and basswood. Overall I'm pleased. I blocked the trem as soon as I got it. Set it up with 12's in drop C. I'll most likely swap out the bridge pickup with a ceramic BKP warpig. That's about as far as mods will go.

Next up!
null_zps68434645.jpg

null_zpsebc008c6.jpg

null_zps013b76c8.jpg

null_zps1c0f8581.jpg Photo by yoitsmikesap | Photobucket

Next up is my new Gibson Les Paul Special Pro. Really really impressed with this guitar. Plays and sounds just as good as my traditional pro did. The slim taper neck feels super comfortable and to my surprise, I kinda like the baked maple fretboard. The stock pickups sounds really great for just about any style of playing. I plan am swapping the tuners for hipshot locking open gear tuners. The tail piece will be swapped for a tonepros aluminum tail piece. And I am thinking of throwing in a set of bkps. Not sure if I want the holy divers, rebel yells, or mirical man's in this one. Will be doing some research to see what fits my likes best.

Thanks all for checking these out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
HNGD! Rebel yells sound fantastic in mahogany.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
HNGD!!HNGD!! They both look pretty sweet:agreed: I especially love RG's with reverse headstocks.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice. Go Rebel Yell in the LP and Miracle Man in the Ibby. Although honestly the D-Activator probably will do just as well for you in that guitar.

itsallinmyh3ad

...Made me do it.
Reaction score
Damn Mike, I've never seen that Ibanez before. It looks ....ing sweet! I want one!

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
I own an RG3xxv and it is my main guitar for my band at the moment. I am absolutely in love with it, and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. HNGD on both ends!

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
thanks for all of the kind words, guys! both of these guitars are seriously impressing the hell out of me. i did quite an extensive setup on the RG3xxv and the gibson. the ibby is setup with a set of 10-47 circle k's and the action is perfectly low without buzz. i'm definitely planning on getting the red one to match!

the gibson is amazing though. really handles anything i throw at it. rock, shred, etc. cleans up nicely as well.

i hardly pay any attention to my 7's which is disappointing haha but these two beauts are just too much fun!

Hendog

Reaction score
Doesn't the RG3xxv come with a trem blocker already installed?

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
Doesn't the RG3xxv come with a trem blocker already installed?

No. It has the ZPS system which is an extra bar and set of springs that returns the tremolo to it's originial (zero) point.

Great guitar and trem though. Very easy to deal with.

')