NGD - x2 - Washburn Parallaxe Solar 180c + Agile Intrepid 830 Oceanburst

• Thread starter Derek Ageless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Ageless

Reaction score
Who wants some low quality pictures of some respectable 8 strings? :yesway:

IMG_5048_zpsrdcoxesj.jpg

Newish Gear Day - I got both of these about a month ago but was too busy/lazy to author a thread, until now.

The Solar 180 is one of the best balanced and most comfortable guitars I've ever played. The neck is A++, super comfortable for an eight string. I'm normally not a fan of the look of super strat style bodies, but this one looks so aggressive and sleek with the flat black finish. I wish the scale length was a bit longer, 27 inches doesn't feel sufficient. The F# was a bit floppy with the standard .65 string that comes stock, so I'm experimenting with a .70 and .72. My only real complaint about this guitar is the pickups; they sounded a bit boomy, cheap, and lacked sustain. I've played around with pickup height, and I've gotten a usable tone, but I'll probably change them for a more aggressive Bare Knuckle, or an M8.

image11_zpsr2wc7cis.jpg

image2_zps1yumz7pb.jpg

image3_zpsi0lwi5n9.jpg

The Agile is a beast. A very heavy guitar in more than one sense. The 30 inch scale makes it feel almost like a hybrid instrument, something between a bass and a guitar. Aside from the scale length, the neck is a bit bulky and takes some getting used to. The sustain and resonance on this thing is great, which is something I was worried about because of the Kahler Trem. The Kahler actually does a decent job of staying in tune and is quite usable, even tho I can't necessarily hit gnarly dive bombs. This is the 2nd guitar I've owned with Seymour Duncan Blackouts, turns out I'm still a fan; great saturation and attack. The maple fretboard is great. I really dig the Oceanburst finish too.

image4_zpsshpksbtm.jpg

image5_zpszlqk9vme.jpg

image6_zpstpx0kvsf.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blacai

Reaction score
HNGDs! both look amazing.
Actually I was checking some solar models, but the 7 with evertune. Seems to be like you have said, pickups are not the best, but in general is a really well and beauty guitar.

blckrnblckt

Reaction score
I briefly had an Agile Intrepid 8, and it was way too heavy for me. Though it was heavy, I didn't feel connected to the instrument, so I sold it. It was still a beautiful instrument because the curves were very rounded. It was my 3rd guitar I had ever owned, so I still didn't know how to appreciate it. If I had it in my hands now, I think if my opinion of it would be different.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I love my Intrepid too! Did you order custom?
I consider order a custom 628 all the time

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Nice. I prefer the styling of the body on the parallaxe, but that oceanburst finish is really nice.

Derek Ageless

Reaction score
I got the Agile used off of Reverb. It was described as "Semi-custom" But I'm not sure exactly what the custom aspect was, maybe the Blackouts? I believe it is at least 6-7 years old, as I remember reading that older Agile neck-thrus have extremely bulky neck profiles...and this one definitely does.