NGD X5: '09 Fernandes Elites & Deluxes (25 HQ Photos)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just got a shipment of these in and figured I'd share some photos and get some of your feedback. What do you guys think?

I wasn't planning on getting involved with guitars like these, but I was really impressed with them @ NAMM and figured what the hell? I'd appreciate your comments :)

Vortex Elite (Urban Camo)

vortex&

02.jpg

06.jpg

09.jpg

18.jpg

Vortex Elite (Dark Red Satin)

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

08.jpg

03.jpg

Ravelle Deluxe (See-Through-Amber)

14.jpg

16.jpg

04.jpg

11.jpg

20.jpg

Vertigo Elite (Snow White)

11.jpg

13.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

17.jpg

Monterey Deluxe (Ocean Camo)

02.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Nice pics!! How do they play/feel? I was pretty interested in these a while back, cause they had pretty good specs and were cheap, but never was able to test one out...

Ramsay777

Is an A7X fan
Reaction score
Awesome Nick! I really like the look of those Ravelles now....

What the scale length on it? I can't even seem to find it on their website! :scratch:

And how's the neck on the Ravelle?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice pics!! How do they play/feel? I was pretty interested in these a while back, cause they had pretty good specs and were cheap, but never was able to test one out...

Thanks man. I'm happy with my guitar photography, I just need a more professional background.

They feel/play great, but they vary model to model. The Vortex for example is very light-weight, resonant, slim neck, super comfortable. The Ravelle is more hefty and Paul Reed Smith-esque but still really cool. They all sound pretty rad, and the sustainer is the coolest thing ever. The locking tuners, EMGs, binding, real figured tops, mahogany, etc are all nice touches - especially for the price.

Like I said in the original post, high-end imports really weren't something I planned on getting involved with for The Axe Palace, but I met up with those guys @ the NAMM show back in January and had a chance to sample all of these. Needless to say I was impressed, but I'm curious to see what you guys all think. This is more of an experiment for me really :)

Awesome Nick! I really like the look of those Ravelles now....

What the scale length on it? I can't even seem to find it on their website! :scratch:

And how's the neck on the Ravelle?

Yeah the Ravelle is quite the looker eh? I also had one come in that was quilt black but there was a binding issue with it and I had to send it back. I'll post pics of the replacement when it comes :)

The scale length is 24.75" and the neck is comfortable but somewhat beefy, like a PRS. I like it a lot. I had a Ravelle Elite a few years ago and it was pretty cool, but the 2009s have been completely revamped and are made by an entirely new factory as before (they're made in Korea, under the old guard they were made in China). The scale length didn't prevent me from tuning down to Bb, haha, but I prefer the 25.5 on the Vortex - just what I'm used to.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the ocean camo monterey, but im a singlecut kind of guy lol. can we get a pic of the back of it?

I take it this is the "affordable line from axe palace" then?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
awesome pics. That camo V is the shit!

Thanks man. Yeah the Vortex is by far my favorite. Both in the way it looks and feels. Probably my new favorite production V :yesway:

I like the ocean camo monterey, but im a singlecut kind of guy lol. can we get a pic of the back of it?

I take it this is the "affordable line from axe palace" then?

Sure I can take a pic of the back of the ocean camo. It's just black though, as you can see in the pic of the locking tuners.

I'm not really going to be carry mid-level stuff, this is just an exception. I really dig these though. For the price its hard to beat what you get. This is sort of an experiment for me. Fernandes is a brand that I think is underrated and I want to see if I can change that a little bit and see how things go. My main thing is still the high-end/boutique/custom stuff :)

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
I've allways loved Ravelles - Awesome shape, awesome sound, awesome playing. Love em to bits.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've allways loved Ravelles - Awesome shape, awesome sound, awesome playing. Love em to bits.

Cool, glad to hear there are some fans out there :)

04.jpg

Hehehehahahaha.

That's just awesome. And the quilt on that Ravelle is INSANE for that level of product. Nice.

Yeah man, the Vortex and that gorgeous Ravelle are my favorites. It's absurd to get a real 5A top on guitar under $900, not to mention all mahogany, EMGs, and locking tuners to go with it. However, the shape will undoubtedly turn some people off.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! I remember asking you about Fernandez guitars a year ago! :p

What's the costs on these Vortex camo v's?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
those vortices (plural of vortex) look sick, the floyded thing is pretty nifty too. How is neckdive on these things?

Duraesu

Reaction score
damn... now i having GAS for that camo vortex!! does it have neckdive or what? how about the neck... has that Jackson vibe or something different?

kherman

Reaction score
The scale length is 24.75" and the neck is comfortable but somewhat beefy, like a PRS. I like it a lot. I had a Ravelle Elite a few years ago and it was pretty cool, but the 2009s have been completely revamped and are made by an entirely new factory as before (they're made in Korea, under the old guard they were made in China). The scale length didn't prevent me from tuning down to Bb, haha, but I prefer the 25.5 on the Vortex - just what I'm used to.

Love the Fernandes guitars.
My '03 Ravelle Deluxe is still going strong.
Would love to get one of the new Ravelle Tremolo.

Wish Fernandes would make up their mind which factory they're going to use.
First it's japan. Then China, then Korea, then China again, then Korea again.
:realmad:

My Ravelle (MIC) has a slimmer neck.
Seems the MIK always have a beefier neck.

Inazone

Reaction score
Is the Vortex Elite available with a Floyd *and* the Dark Red Satin finish? I had my eye on them back with the old headstock design a few years ago and sort of lost interest with the Jackson-style headstock, but the Elites really look nice.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
those vortices (plural of vortex) look sick, the floyded thing is pretty nifty too. How is neckdive on these things?

Jeff, the Vortex models are so light-weight that there really isn't much neck-dive at all. It's pretty sweet.

damn... now i having GAS for that camo vortex!! does it have neckdive or what? how about the neck... has that Jackson vibe or something different?

The neck is slim and fast but it's got just a little bit of beef to it as well. I'd say its similar to a Jackson USA neck, maybe just a touch thicker.

Is the Vortex Elite available with a Floyd *and* the Dark Red Satin finish? I had my eye on them back with the old headstock design a few years ago and sort of lost interest with the Jackson-style headstock, but the Elites really look nice.

No sorry, the Vortex Elite w/ the Floyd is only available in Urban Camo, Black, and Snow White.

Awesome! I remember asking you about Fernandez guitars a year ago! :p

What's the costs on these Vortex camo v's?

The Vortex Elite Urban Camo is $999. The Dark Red Satin one is $899.

Awesome guitars :agreed:, that trans amber looks just sick :yesway:

:agreed:

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
fernandes is super underrated, and if memory serves me correct used to have an awesome custom shop (not sure about that anymore) but seem to be a great bang for the buck.....wish they would branch out into extended range....

')