NGD X5: '09 Fernandes Elites & Deluxes (25 HQ Photos)

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
fernandes is super underrated, and if memory serves me correct used to have an awesome custom shop (not sure about that anymore) but seem to be a great bang for the buck.....wish they would branch out into extended range....

:agreed: I have a Retrorocket from their Custom Shop. It's easily one of the best superstrats I've ever played. I don't think their CS is around anymore? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
That Ravelle is incredibly beautiful. I also love the EMG 60 in the neck. I could take or leave the others though.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
fernandes is super underrated, and if memory serves me correct used to have an awesome custom shop (not sure about that anymore) but seem to be a great bang for the buck.....wish they would branch out into extended range....

:agreed: I have a Retrorocket from their Custom Shop. It's easily one of the best superstrats I've ever played. I don't think their CS is around anymore? :scratch:

That Ravelle is incredibly beautiful. I also love the EMG 60 in the neck. I could take or leave the others though.

Thanks for the feedback guys :yesway:

Yoshi

Reaction score
Fernandes custom shop is only available in Japan. Unlike ESP though you won't see bulk loads of 2nd hand customs as they are quite small.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I like that Ocean Camo Ravelle, but I would Fernandes would put the Sustainer in all their guitars, not just the Elites.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like that Ocean Camo Ravelle, but I would Fernandes would put the Sustainer in all their guitars, not just the Elites.

Believe it or not, a lot of people don't want the Sustainer. Their 'Deluxe' models which are identical to the 'Elite' minus the sustainer actually sell better for whatever reason. Some people would just rather have the EMG 60 or Seymour Duncan '59/Jazz in the neck than the Sustainer. I'm not one of them personally, but I understand.

However, the Deluxes being $849-899 and then paying $100 more for the Elite version w/ sustainer is pretty cool considering how much the sustainer kit sells for separately - pretty good deal.

Auyard

Reaction score
It sure is. It's killing me to have it sitting there in the box and not being able to play it :wallbash:

Why not? Because they are already promised to a customer or something? I really doubt you will mess it up or something.

LOUDONE

Reaction score
The Vertigo is the only shape I like.. Modern and vintage at the same time.. Are all Fernandes made in Korea?

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like both of the single cut designs, especially the Ravelle it's classy, but not boring.

I wish Kenny Hickey was still using Fernandes, last time I checked he was with Schecter. I'd love to see a new Fernandes sig from him.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Mm, I like them. I had a Vortex at one point, and it was a pretty cool guitar. Too bad they have licensed Floyds though, even if it did stay in tune pretty well. The sustainer is pretty awesome indeed, I need to get an another guitar with one eventually. I have an Ebow too, and it's useful for some things, but it can't do stuff like chords, which are really fun with the sustainer.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really like both of the single cut designs, especially the Ravelle it's classy, but not boring.

I wish Kenny Hickey was still using Fernandes, last time I checked he was with Schecter. I'd love to see a new Fernandes sig from him.

Yeah Mike. Type O Negative is my all-time favorite band, so Kenny is what prompted me to check out Fernandes back in 1999 when I was a newbie. I picked up a Fernandes Revolver Elite in silver whiich was my first nice guitar I ever had, it's what I pretty much learned guitar on.

It awesome, I wish I still had that. I took it to Guitar Center one day to try out some amps, and this random Japanese dude saw me playing it and came over to me and offered me $1000 cash for it on the spot, unsolicited (which was way more than it was worth). Being 17 and broke I took him up on it, with the idea that I'd be able to find another one on eBay. I never saw one pop up ever again in that finish.

Did the Fryette 2/90/2 show up ok?

Why not? Because they are already promised to a customer or something? I really doubt you will mess it up or something.

I just don't want to play them. I have them for sale on eBay and as much as I'd love to jam out on these, I'd rather keep them as new/fresh as possible. I did play the Vortex and Monterey a bit, and got a feel for the other ones feel when I was taking the photos :)

Mm, I like them. I had a Vortex at one point, and it was a pretty cool guitar. Too bad they have licensed Floyds though, even if it did stay in tune pretty well. The sustainer is pretty awesome indeed, I need to get an another guitar with one eventually. I have an Ebow too, and it's useful for some things, but it can't do stuff like chords, which are really fun with the sustainer.

Yeah the sustainer is really amazing. I may install one in the neck of one of my Caparisons. And yea the floyd on the Vortex seems fine to me so far.

The Vertigo is the only shape I like.. Modern and vintage at the same time.. Are all Fernandes made in Korea?

Yeah. They occasionally have a special limited MIJ model, but they usually go for like $3000.

jsousa

Reaction score
the camo vortex seems to have many cool tone options with that sustainer and emg.

M A R K

Reaction score
The Monterey ocean camo looks sweet as hell. The inlays are awesome too!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey European dudes, I just got a question on eBay regarding the dark red satin Vortex, and the guy said this:

"Witam. Czy ta gitara posiada przetworniki aktywne EMG 81 i EMG 60/czy 85?
Na stronie producenta jest set 81/85 - st?d to pytanie"

Does anyone have the slightest clue what the hell that means? It says he's from "Wielka Brytania" which sounds like Great Britain to me but...

Duraesu

Reaction score
Hey European dudes, I just got a question on eBay regarding the dark red satin Vortex, and the guy said this:

"Witam. Czy ta gitara posiada przetworniki aktywne EMG 81 i EMG 60/czy 85?
Na stronie producenta jest set 81/85 - st?d to pytanie"

Does anyone have the slightest clue what the hell that means? It says he's from "Wielka Brytania" which sounds like Great Britain to me but...

i guess he's asking what set is on the vortex...

')