NGD Yet Another Ibanez RG752FX Sub. Purple

• Thread starter iliketofish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iliketofish

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't really played this thing much yet, kind of because the 1st string popped off during shipping as you can see in the pictures, so I don't have a very thorough opinion on how it plays just yet. I took a few outdoors to help show the purple a bit. Sorry if they suck since they were taken with a phone. I can take some more after I restring the thing if there is any interest. Hope you guys enjoy.

Edit: Imbedded pics..

tn_zps146b34ed.jpg

tnjpg1_zps2abe9896.jpg

tnjpg2_zps6b15e422.jpg

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 69
  • tn.jpg1.jpg
    tn.jpg1.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 77
  • tn.jpg2.jpg
    tn.jpg2.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 52

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't really played this thing much yet, kind of because the 1st string popped off during shipping as you can see in the pictures, so I don't have a very thorough opinion on how it plays just yet. I took a few outdoors to help show the purple a bit. Sorry if they suck since they were taken with a phone. I can take some more after I restring the thing if there is any interest. Hope you guys enjoy.

Massive NGD, these things look so awesome.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Dang, you can really get a good idea of the purple on that headstock shot! <3

For a phone those are great pics and actually do a pretty good job at showcasing the color!
Congrats! Awaiting a full review :)

Musiscience

Reaction score
This is so cool! Happy NGD!

Side note : I am still puzzled that we have not seen a RG752 with the Lo-pro yet (as a NGD that is).

Coreysaur

Reaction score
That purple sparkle looks really great! Now change the strings, set it up, play it and tell us how does it feel. :shred:

RobertStyx

Reaction score
Kind of wish these were being brought into Europe, that purple is yummy.

HNGD!

Stangstag

Reaction score
Looks amazing! I am definitely gonna order one of these after the summer (when I have saved up enough). Im GASing hard for these right now

iliketofish

Reaction score
Ok, for those who may or may not be interested, I'll share my thoughts on how I think it plays/sounds and comment on some other things really quick. I am not an expert on reviewing guitars or anything, but I'll do my best.

I used to have an rg7620, and in comparison this feels like it weighs a good amount less, yet it still feels good and solid. The color is really quite dark indoors so unless it is in direct light it may be hard to see the purple. Some people might be bummed to see it isn't nearly as purple when it is inside compared to the pictures I took outdoors, but it still looks great and I personally dig the subtlety of the color.

After conditioning the fretboard a little bit and throwing some new strings on it, it plays very, very well so far. So pretty much whatever you would expect out of the prestige line. Same goes with build quality. After playing it for a few hours, I really can't get why some people bitch about the gibraltar so much. It feels very comfortable and is perfectly fine for me anyway, but whatever. Now the neck; I haven't had much experience with 1527's, so I really don't know the differences in the profile between the two. Compared to the 7620 profile though, the back of this neck seems to be a little more pronounced in the middle, so the profile isn't quite as flat. It is still quite thin however and very comfortable to play.

Some cons: A common thing with Ibbys in my experience is the position of the volume knob. I have big hands, so I find myself hitting it pretty often while playing. Kind of annoying but nothing too bad. The stock bridge pickup is just not ideal for heavy playing. Sounds good for cleans and some lead playing, but it doesn't pack much of a punch on the low end when using distorted tones. I really don't know if I am just not used to how it sounds or what, but that will probably be the first thing to be replaced unless it grows on me somehow. However, it turns out the neck pickup is really great, especially for clean tones.

Overall, I really like this thing a lot. It looks awesome and is very comfortable and easy to play. I'm sure it would sound much better with a different bridge pickup if you play heavy stuff though, but I would definitely recommend it to those looking for a hardtail 7.

Anyway, thank you to any of you that thanked, liked, and/or posted. Very much appreciated. This was my first thread so I hope something I posted was helpful. Take care. :wavey:

TraE

Reaction score
Beautiful color man, I dig it for sure. HNGD!

philentology

Reaction score
After playing it for a few hours, I really can't get why some people bitch about the gibraltar so much. It feels very comfortable and is perfectly fine for me anyway, but whatever.

HNGD! I agree. I recently became a big fan of the hipshot fixed bridge and then I just got the RG752LWFX. I was worried I wouldn't like it for whatever reason... but man.. it feels good. Its a really low profile.

I just traded it for a 1527m and I gotta say, this neck is a little easier to play. the 1527m felt really flat/sharp.

Was your fretboard extremely pale/dry? I'm used to rosewood thats a little more oily? This one looks dead. I gotta restring this weekend.

Also --- I dont hit the volume knob.. but I'm constantly hitting the 5-way switch. I'd be fine with them moving it in the future :idea:

EDIT: I am apparently nuts... it has the same neck as my RG1527Mz had, Wizard 7. #tooDrunk

devastone

Reaction score
Wish they would make one with a trem in that color! I finally picked up an old Cosmic Blue 1527 cause I dug the purple color.

s4tch

Reaction score
^Came to post exactly the same. Awesome finish.

I'd like to think that Ibanez will come out with a Vampire Kiss reissue eventually.

HNGD, and thanks for sharing that little review, too.

iliketofish

Reaction score
Was your fretboard extremely pale/dry? I'm used to rosewood thats a little more oily? This one looks dead. I gotta restring this weekend.

It definitely was. When I said in my review post that I did a little conditioning, I actually did a shit-ton. It looks like a totally different fretboard now that it's all pretty and dark. It makes a world of difference in terms of playability too, well for me anyway. I don't know why some prestige ibbys have such dry boards right out of the case. I have a friend who owns a pretty much new prestige with a board that is just dry as hell and I suggested he should condition it, but for some reason he thinks it might ruin it or something. I highly recommend doing it. Dunlop 02.

')