NGD: you guys like MIJ guitars and cherry blossoms?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
pics first

Soooo, a few months ago I got a JP6, the guitar was spectacular but just not for me, I've grown way too used to Ibanez necks and that's where I feel the most comfortable, so I sold the JP6 and literally minutes after that a friend called me, telling me that he needed to sell a few guitars and asked if I was interested in anything, along those guitars was this tremendous RG3120. This dude runs a Guitar Paint Workshop and painted this RG himself (his shop, aptly called "Guitar Paint Workshop" :lol: you can check some of his other works here https://www.instagram.com/guitar_paint_workshop )

I've had a few 3120 before but this one is definitely takes the cake. Resonant as fuck, refretted recently, beautiful top and in such a good condition

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, that thing is beautiful

Edit: wasn't there an Axe Palace run very similar to that? I remember them doing a pink RG run, but can't recall the exact model.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Jesus yes. That is amazing, what a good job.

3120’s are some of my favorites, and I missed an opportunity on one years ago and I’m kicking my ass. They are the poor man’s J.Customs as far as I’m concerned.

Enjoy man.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats man! That top is sick, was it a different color before or did he just make it more beautiful?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, that thing is beautiful

Edit: wasn't there an Axe Palace run very similar to that? I remember them doing a pink RG run, but can't recall the exact model.

Indeed! I completely forgot about that one, that was an Ibanez RG522 run (AFAIK, only that run uses that "model" as a platform) I looked it up and those had maple boards and reverse matching headstocks, so even cooler than this IMO

The color was a tad different too, even more pink-ish than this one, as this one looks a lot more red-ish under low or yellow light

Jesus yes. That is amazing, what a good job.

3120’s are some of my favorites, and I missed an opportunity on one years ago and I’m kicking my ass. They are the poor man’s J.Customs as far as I’m concerned.

Enjoy man.

Fuck me, that is so nice. Your buddy does killer work. Congrats!

Wow. Your friend does excellent work, nice score.

Roberto is the man, dude previously did a Purple Sparkle on a RG570 I had and his work was killer (sadly, had a few issues with the guitar that I didn't bother to solve so I ended up trading it, and the pics I took of it are pretty bad)

(look at that awful pickup routing :lol: )

Right now he's currently refinishing my RGD2127 in Lambo Blue

Congrats man! That top is sick, was it a different color before or did he just make it more beautiful?

Different color, this one was red, I don't know why but the flamed top always looked rather plain in red 3120's (in contrast to blue models where the top always looks killer) the refinish job here really made the grain "pop"

Jeffrey Bain

Reaction score
Indeed! I completely forgot about that one, that was an Ibanez RG522 run (AFAIK, only that run uses that "model" as a platform) I looked it up and those had maple boards and reverse matching headstocks, so even cooler than this IMO

The color was a tad different too, even more pink-ish than this one, as this one looks a lot more red-ish under low or yellow light

Roberto is the man, dude previously did a Purple Sparkle on a RG570 I had and his work was killer (sadly, had a few issues with the guitar that I didn't bother to solve so I ended up trading it, and the pics I took of it are pretty bad)

(look at that awful pickup routing :lol: )

Right now he's currently refinishing my RGD2127 in Lambo Blue

Different color, this one was red, I don't know why but the flamed top always looked rather plain in red 3120's (in contrast to blue models where the top always looks killer) the refinish job here really made the grain "pop"

K I emailed your buddy and asked if he would be willing to work on a guitar from the US (I know customs can be messy sometimes, etc.). Hoping he says yes! I mentioned that you led me to him just in case it gets me the homie discount haha

')