NGD: You might burst from the excitement (56k you will explode)

ibanezcollector

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
Sold most of my gear to get it, but when you know its the one, you do what you got to do.

From the moment I plugged it in, I instantly bonded with it, I had to get it by any means necessary. This thing is special im telling you... :bowdown:

2011 Gibson Studio Les Paul 50's Tribute in Honey Burst.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Classic, and you got a beauty.

Happy NGD!

jl-austin

Reaction score
I can't stand most Gibsons. However, that one looks KILLER! Very nice indeed! Is that a baked maple fret board?

It is nice to see Gibson getting back to making guitars for PLAYERS and not just collectors!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
The finish looks so tasty in that second picture :yesway:

Most Gibsons I've played are pretty meh (and I've played a lot haha the shop I worked at stocked like 20 at any given time), but the ones I've jived with I've really loved. The first that come to mind are a satin LP Studio with P90s, one of the 50's LP tributes, and a regular Explorer. I didn't have the money and wasn't in the market for one, but I still think about that Explorer every week or so, and it's been like five or six years.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
the fretboard is in fact baked maple, I love it, dont see what all the hub bub was about..

I've compared a few different models with their rosewood board equivalents and came away preferring the maple every time. Pretty crazy. They sound more articulate. I like the added brightness paired with the big/dark sound a Les Paul usually has. Very cool.

Congrats on the guitar!

')